It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:46 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Crying screaming boy!
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 12:46 am 
Bengal Cat

Hello! wondering if anyone can advise me, Oscar our bengal is howling NON STOP! its so bad im worried the neighbours will complain to the council about him :( he had a bout of food poisoning last week after stealing some old tuna we found in the fridge whilst clearing it out, and had to go to the vets and was given an anti sickness injection but he's got the all clear but this week he has started incessantly crying and howling constantly nothing passifies him - we play with him, make sure he has food, fresh water, litter, he has two other cats for company, plenty of roaming space, i have even resorted to letting him wander in the garden when im watering the plants to quell his crying but as soon as we are in the house he is yelling at the top of his voice. the only thing that has changed is the next door neighbour had a baby on monday, and it cries a lot, we can hear it through the walls, it has that high pitched cry new borns have, could this be confusing him? he has never done this before, he's always been vocal, but not like this, to an extent where i dont know what to do. its not a distress yell like he does at the vets when he's in a box, just a sharp LOUD MAU MAU MAU yell. if its the new baby what on earth can i do or is that an inane thing to blame? our bath is currently full of ping pong balls through trying to find ways to calm him or entertain him and i cant keep giving him treats (they quieten him!) cause he'll get fat!!

TIA!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 11:38 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

always the first question! But is he neutered? My un-neutered stud boy screams constantly for girls :roll: :(

Could his tummy be in pain? Or maybe his crying due to the babies cries?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 12:50 am 
Bengal Cat

he's been done, but i've noticed in the last few days that there is an un-neutered male bengal living near us who has taken to sitting on a fence in the garden in front of a window osc likes to sit in. maybe he is the problem? he's a beautiful boy, strange he's just roaming about in the streets?! i wonder if anyone has lost a male in norwich - he's definatley a bengal, he might even be a blue, his coat has that lavender sort of hue to its tips. is there anywhere to post about that sort of thing? oh, we also bought da bird for oscar, i'd read about it but hadnt realised exactly how insane it is!! he LOVES it, its even got our old lady teenage cat leaping around, and she doesnt move for anything. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:56 am 
Bengal Kitten

I also have a crying screaming boy. He is 12 years old, nutered and has been doing it for yoars now. Sorry. He began when my old Siamese who was brain damaged passed. Thaddeaus (the Siamese) cried when he got lost in the house, and the cry Obidiah does has a similar lost quality. Deep and resonate. Great vibrato! He loves to caterwaul in the night and if I didn't live in the country I know there would be neighbor trouble. He knows I disapprove (water w/white vinegar in a squirt bottle tell him this) but is so driven to sing, he goes downstairs at the other end of the house. I wonder, do leopards roar? He is not suffering, in any kind of distress, he's talking. I really feel like it's some piece of that wild beast inside coming out. I also have 2 female domestic shorthairs, a parrot, and a dog so he is not bored. He's very active and enjoys riding in my bicycle basket! He is a great cat, he must be, I haven't killed him! I've just let it become one of the sounds of the house. LOL

Post subject: shouty bengal
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:40 pm 
Bengal Cat

Our Zinzan shouts at us night and day - he doesn't stop! He loves the sound of his own voice, but other people don't - he sounds like a baby that's being strangled! My husband (who works from home) has to apologise constantly to people he's on the phone to, because it sounds so awful in the background! However - he seems perfectly happy, and loves a cuddle and some fuss. We've come to the conclusion that he is rather simple and misguided - our very intelligent tonkinese is openly contemptuous of him - and we have given him the nickname of 'shouty nutjob'. He's still my beautiful baby though, even though everyone else thinks he's barking mad.