It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:54 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:19 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Hi, has any one used this Bob Martin Spot On Dewormer for Cats! i tried to use the drontal tablet and she hates it, scratch me is not the word! she went mad! so i had to stop. advise please....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:47 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hi, you also get a spot on in Drontal. Maybe safer for your fingers, lol!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:50 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Many thanks for the reply did not know that! will make life easy for my little baby! heheheh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:27 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Bob Martin products don't have a good reputation so I personally don't use them. Some of the worming products don't cover all types of worm so check them before you use them. In particular, some don't cover the tapeworm which cats can get from fleas (Drontal tablets do). However, if your cat doesn't go outdoors, then that's not such a problem as the risk is quite low.

I didn't know that Drontal came in a spot on - off to see where I can buy it from .......

Edit - just checked it out and the spot on is Droncit which covers tapeworm but not roundworm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:48 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

dont do it dont use it!!! this can cause fits for up to 3 days :( and the spot on, seen it first hand on 2 kittens that were rushed into the vets :(

vets want it banned but they wont as not enough cases are reported. only buy from the vets! :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:54 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Taylorbaby - more info please! what not to use.. thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:34 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Oops, sorry, yes it is Droncit the spot on :oops:
Taylorbaby are you referring to Droncit or the Bob Martin one that causes fits?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:41 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

bob martin, I was in the vet about 3 months back and 2 kittens were rushed in fitting, so the vet had to leave and see to them, they were about 7weeks old, 2 sisters, the people brought in no money thinking the vet was free?? and said they put bob martin on the back of :the neck and within mins this was happening, anyway the vet came back in and being nosy i asked and she told me all about some certain products and about trying to get them banned etc

saying that they sell them, bascially because they can, i also remember years ago when i had my dog i used puppy wormer and he also became extremly ill, didnt know any better.

the kittens can fit for up to 3 days :(

so looked up a bit when i got in, its best just to go to the vets and get milbamax/panacur/drontal/advocate etc obviously putting chemicals onto cats comes with a risk, but apparently bob martins have a huge one so i wouldnt use nor advise to use it....!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:23 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

My vets actually has a poster up saying "[insert veterinary surgery name here] does not recommend the use of bob martin products. please consider recommended alternatives"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:07 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

At best Bob Martin products are crap, at worst they are dangerous crap

Post subject: Bob Martin Spot On
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:35 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Dear All,

We spotted your discussion about our products and wanted to answer your queries. Bob Martin Spot On Dewormer is a tapeworm treatment only, it is much easier to use if you have problems giving your cats tablets, as the majority of us at Bob Martin are pet owners we can appreciate the struggle that this can sometimes involve.

All of our medicated products, including the Bob Martin Spot on Dewormer, started out being sold by vets only. Usually only when the product is proven to be safe, it will be considered for general Over The Counter Sales in supermarkets or pet shops. Many of our medicated products have the same active ingredient/formulations as products still currently sold in the veterinary practices, only under a different brand name. Bob Martin adheres to the same safety requirements that are set for all medicated products for pets, by the Veterinary Medicines Directorate (VMD).
We are always sorry to hear when a pet experiences an adverse reaction to a product, like humans they can be allergic and react, this is very rare and if we are advised of the problem we do all we can to try and help.

For more information please feel free to contact us directly on 0844 748 0108.

From the Bob Martin Team.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:55 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

It really irritates me when companies with issues surrounding them feel the need to defend themselve with such inane and uninformative comments. I feel the cost of taking time out of the day to post such things could be better spent improving the issues involved.

My personal experience with Bob Martin products: No health issues but the flea products don't work. I tried several a few years ago before I knew better and I don't think they so much as bothered a flea. One of my cats in particular hated the spray on stuff and I refused to use it after that. He would bolt as soon as he saw the bottle. I tend to just buy products from the vets now as I have a better grasp of which ones work and which don't. I'm glad I never encountered any of the horror stories I've heard about in recent years...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:02 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

[quote="kittycollar" ...defend themselve with such inane and uninformative comments.[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing but was biting my tongue. Two paragraphs of text, and not a single piece of useful or informative information. Oh well :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:34 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

brianj12 wrote:

I was thinking the same thing but was biting my tongue. Two paragraphs of text, and not a single piece of useful or informative information. Oh well :lol:

Would you expect any more?

I would guess it may well be just a bot seeking out negative discussion and spewing out a generic message made up of useless drivel :roll:

Last edited by Louise-paisley on Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:57 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

If you have problems getting tablets down your cat :wink: I would recommend 'ADVOCATE', a spot on treatment that goes on the back of the neck.
This will cover fleas, roundworms and earmites in one application for up to 1 month. Get it from your vet.
:D

http://www.bengalbreedersunited.co.uk