[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Pics of Milo
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:28 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 7:55 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

This is Milo. He's your typical Bengal :lol: He's been with us for almost a year. He's 14 months old now. I was always a Siamese person, but I have to say, I'll never be without a Bengal again. He's an absolute joy to have around.

Milo at 4 months.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 7:57 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Milo at 9 months. He's filled out quite a bit and gotten really long. He's still got lots of growing to do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 7:58 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Milo at 13 months.

Most cats, including our other cats, run from small children. Milo loves everyone, especally small children.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 8:01 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

He's gets along really well with our Oriental Shorthair mix. Sometimes. Other times Milo is a terror.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 8:03 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Outside only with an adult and on a harness and lead. There's too many cars and too much wildlife around here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 6:40 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Milo is WONDERFUL !!! What a beautiful FACE he has!!! I think your "oriental shorthair mix" is also a quite lovely cat, as well.

I'm glad to see you have a "child friendly" Bengal, they get some "bad press" about not being good with children, and since I have no small children in my home, it's hard for me to say whether my cats would do well with children, or not...

You have some great photos of both cats - I love both the snuggling - and the wrestling ones (grin)

Thanks so much, for sharing !!!
LaVon Fabian
"fancidots"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:01 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

<!--QuoteBegin-fancidots+Sep 20 2004, 05:40 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (fancidots @ Sep 20 2004, 05:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Milo is WONDERFUL !!! What a beautiful FACE he has!!! I think your "oriental shorthair mix" is also a quite lovely cat, as well.

I'm glad to see you have a "child friendly" Bengal, they get some "bad press" about not being good with children, and since I have no small children in my home, it's hard for me to say whether my cats would do well with children, or not...

You have some great photos of both cats - I love both the snuggling - and the wrestling ones (grin)

Thanks so much, for sharing !!!
LaVon Fabian
"fancidots" [/quote]

That small child isn't even mine, she's my niece, and only at the house once every other week or so. He's not even really used to being around small children, but he loves Megan. Maybe because they're close to the same size? :lol: Heck, Milo doesn't discriminate, he basically loves everyone. He's very people oriented, but not fussy about who like a Siamese would be. He really likes to be around the other cats as well.

I could post dozens more pics of Milo. I think we have more pics of our cats than we do of our family members. I'll post more one of these days.

Your cats are gorgeous too. I especially love the playing in the sink pics :lol:

Do yours climb into the shower with you too?

Laura

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:17 am 
The Real Boss

Hi Laura

Your second pic is such a typical Bengal pose, sprawled out fast a sleep, its great! He certainly is a handsome cat... LOVE those whisker pads (especially in pic 1 & 10). Looks like he's gonna make a big cat...Is he altered?

Heidi :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:29 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

<!--QuoteBegin-Heidi+Sep 23 2004, 10:17 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Heidi @ Sep 23 2004, 10:17 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Hi Laura

Your second pic is such a typical Bengal pose, sprawled out fast a sleep, its great! He certainly is a handsome cat... LOVE those whisker pads (especially in pic 1 & 10). Looks like he's gonna make a big cat...Is he altered?

Heidi :) [/quote]
Thanks Heidi :)

Yes he's altered. I'd love to breed bengals one of these days but for now I'll leave that to the experts. I don't have the time or the space to get into it right now or the knowledge either. It's best left to the experts :)

He's getting pretty big. He's only 14 months so he's still got a lot of filling out to do. To give you an idea how big Milo is, Slash is 16 pounds and very long, 38" from tip of tail to tip of nose :)

Milo is almost as long at 37" from tip to tip. Milo was 8 pounds at 6 months, 10 pounds 8 months and probably 12 or more pounds now. He's very active and fairly thin still but he's starting fill out and bulk up a bit :)

L.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:25 am 
Zeus is 8lbs already at just under 6 months, so we're hoping he will turn out to be a big cat....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 2:34 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

<!--QuoteBegin-Gavin+Sep 24 2004, 07:25 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Gavin @ Sep 24 2004, 07:25 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Zeus is 8lbs already at just under 6 months, so we're hoping he will turn out to be a big cat.... [/quote]
Is he a very long cat as well?

Zeus is a gorgeous cat by the way! His coloring and markings remind me a lot of Milo.

L.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 10:28 am 
This wasn't very scientific as he wouldn't stay still whilst I was waving a tape measure around him :lol: But I think he's about 25" from nose to the end of his tail at the moment....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 3:25 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

<!--QuoteBegin-Gavin+Sep 25 2004, 09:28 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Gavin @ Sep 25 2004, 09:28 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> This wasn't very scientific as he wouldn't stay still whilst I was waving a tape measure around him :lol: But I think he's about 25" from nose to the end of his tail at the moment.... [/quote]
I've figured out a way to get a better reading. Take a long piece of twine, they'll want to play with said twine of course, and measure the head, body and tail in that order. Try to hold on to that last bit with your finger so you can get a somewhat accurate measurment. Then hold the twine against a measuring tape. If the twine is long enough, they will play with one end and elave the end you're measuring with alone. In theory this works :lol: