[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - I'm so excited and I just can't hide it.......
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:26 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 2:33 pm 
Hi All,

I just had to post a message. I am just getting far too excited now. Still four weeks to go. But today our Kitten carrier and Hooded Litter tray arrived by courier and i'm getting far too impatient waiting for the day when we take them home.

I think I may have just as much fun with their toys as they will. I was looking at what we have bought them already and amusing myself playing with thim. Thinking ZEUS and NERO will love that.

I'm just so excited and I just can't hide it...................

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 3:18 pm 
Senior Bengal

You've gotton me counting down the days till you get Zeus and Nero!!! I'm so excited for you! They're going to be better than you expect (they ARE bengals, after all B) )

BTW, my oldest bengal was being the sweetest thing last night. When I went to bed, she stretched out on my stomach with her tummy up and her head flopped back against me. I fell asleep rubbing her chin. I'm sure she was only there because I was warm <_< but I thought it was sweet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 10:53 pm 
Just over 2 weeks to go now. God this is torture having to wait.

Our house is full of stuff for the kitties, I hope they like their new home.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 11:53 pm 
Senior Bengal

So, today I let my oldest girl (cat)(3yrs) out of her room (she stays by herself, because she'll never let me leave otherwise) and into the rest of the house for a romp with the kittens. She stood directly outside of the door to her room and screamed for a while, afraid to go anywhere else but really not wanting me to leave. Grrr... she complains when she's in there by herself but doesn't like to be let out!!! :blink:

My kittens proceeded to remove everything on the counters and put it in its rightful place, the floor.

Crazy bengals.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 6:36 pm 
Senior Bengal

Argh,
So today, within a period of about 1 & 1/2 minutes, the kittens had knocked a giant lamp off of a table, and then grabbed the placemat my lunch was on and sent it flying to the ground, whereupon one kitten (Ria...) was entirely soaked in vitamin D milk.

Ria was quite offended that I would throw my beverage at her after refusing to let her drink it. Needless to say, they're both in timeout right now, thinking about what they've done (or plotting against me, I'm not so sure...)

Gotta love em', so cute even soaked in milk!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 10:28 pm 
LOL, sounds like a mad house, we've got this to come no doubt :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 5:20 am 
Bengal Cat

<!--QuoteBegin-AthensCats Bengals+Jun 9 2004, 03:53 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (AthensCats Bengals @ Jun 9 2004, 03:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->
My kittens proceeded to remove everything on the counters and put it in its rightful place, the floor.

Crazy bengals. [/quote]
[QUOTE]

Gee, isn't everything supposed to be on the floor eventually? The kittens are wise-THEY know that leaving things on the floor will just save you the trouble of picking things up over and over again. I swear that our boys are laughing inside when I keep picking things up just to have them knock them back on the floor. Its a big game to them. :-)

Nan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 5:43 am 
Bengal Cat

<!--QuoteBegin-Gavin+Jun 10 2004, 02:28 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Gavin @ Jun 10 2004, 02:28 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> LOL, sounds like a mad house, we've got this to come no doubt :D [/quote]
Gavin,

Oh, yeah, definately. Do you have your draperies and curtains down by now and everything valuable put away or stuck down? You won't believe what they can do to the house when they are chasing after each other. :o Like I told Mark over on Bengals-L, no one can accurately describe to you what their energy level and intelligence is like until you live with them 24/7. It has to be experienced. I will bet that both you and Siobhan will have your mouths open in astonishment many times as well as laughing more than you ever have before. You learn not to hold objects as dear as before. Somehow, it doesn't matter how many times you pick up everything on the living room table(unless you have been going from disaster all day, of course haha) or say "no!" during a day. They are so smart that it quickly offsets how tired I get picking up the same things off the floor and straightening up the rooms after one of their high speed romps. It struck me as very funny the other day how many ways I have learned to say, "No!" and "Oh, no" since we adopted the boys. hehe They get very interested when I find another way they haven't heard yet. Of course, they still don't listen so they have to be removed from the situation. Generally, though, they don't hear no as often as they used to..stubborn little boys.
That's okay, though. They know that we will love them anyway and act accordingly. What is so amusing is that after they get in trouble, they wait a few minutes and then come in and show me how cute they are as if to say, "We know that you love us no matter what we do". The brats "have my number".
There is an unspoken agreement about that. <G>

I can hardly wait for you to get your boys and to have you start to post about them. Its so much fun to hear a new owner talk about their babies.
Nan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:05 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

You get your kittens VERY SOON now!!! I'm so happy for you! I can't wait to hear all about it. :)

http://www.nutkitty.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:54 pm 
We are due to pick our bengals up on wednesday about 7pm GMT. We are no longer having two boys though . We are now having a girl and a boy, one of the boys we was having is not gaining weight, the vet thinks it may be worms. But just incase the breeder is going to keep him so she can monitor him.

We are disappointed, but we would rather have two healthy kittens, than take the risk and then have the heartbreak if something happened to him.

I am just counting every second of the last few days now until we pick them up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 2:20 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Oooooh... maybe that's a good thing then! I have two girls, and a male. We got the male to even things out a bit. I'll always want at least one of each sex. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 11:33 am 
Well I am thinking that perhaps they will get on alot better being opposite sexes. Nero who wasn't putting on weight had to be fed on his own, and growls now when the other kittens come near his food, so perhaps the two males together might not of worked, even though they are from the same litter. We just felt if we took the risk and had him, he may not of got better and it would of been heartbreaking for us. At least we know the breeder will be able to care for him, and we are going to ask her to keep us updated on his progress.

I am getting so excited now, it is not long till we pick them up. We are preparing the house for their arrival. Hiding wires etc. Luckily there is nothing really breakable, that we would be upset about. I do hope they like their new home.

We are going to take them to the vets the week after we pick the up and see when the soonest time is that we can book them in to be neutered, as we want to get that done as soon as possible.

Oooh I am so excited. I usually love my weekends off work, but this weekend I am just wishing it away, I want it to be Wednesday.

By the way NutKitty, how is Yuki doing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 5:03 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I really love the new names!!! Very cute and unique. You can tell that they're going to have the time of their lives after you pick them up, lol...! I hope the other kitty does ok too, and that he starts gaining some weight sometime. I'm sure he'll be fine though. :)

As far as Yuki - he's great! He and my girls both play all of the time now! There are new photos of him in the gallery section under my old Yuki topic. He's definately getting bigger already!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 6:55 pm 
Right,

I know I said we was going to change the names of the kittens, but everytime we talk about the male kitten we are having, we still keep referring to him as Zeus, so we have decided we cannot change it.

So the kittens names will be Zeus and Hestia and that is final - HONEST.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 10:48 am 
Pick up our bengals today and I am so excited. Got 8 hours to go till pick up time. So I am trying to keep myself busy.

Will try and get some pictures taken tonight and put them on her tonight or tomorrow.

:)