It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:41 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:14 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I think it much harder with adult pets, than introducing a puppy or kitten. But, just keep at it, observe and supervise.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:17 pm 
Senior Bengal

My girls are starting to interact and play, Lyra still growls, but have started to chase each other around :biggrin:

Interacting with Amber is still not happening, hopefully it won't be long.
When i work out how, i'll post the videos.
So in the meantime, a couple of photos of Rafiki in the sunshine today.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:40 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Oh my gosh! She is spectacular. I'm sure her kittens were gorgeous, even if the dad was a regular tom cat! She is just so pretty.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:54 pm 
Senior Bengal

Thanks Sherry, she is a poppet :biggrin:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:11 am 
Senior Bengal

Rafiki went to the vets yesterday to check her weight. In 3 weeks she gone from 2.6kg to 3kg. The vets are pleased :biggrin:

I had a real struggle getting her into the carry box, and when we had to get her back in at the vets, it took two of us to get her in. She announced her displeasure when we got home by having a wee right next to her litter tray!!

Anyway, Lyra and Rafi are getting better together, Amber and Rafi still not!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:14 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Bad Rafi!!! Not a good patient at all. Every single cat I've EVER had has always been anxious to go back into the carrier at the vets just to get away from those awful people mistreating them and giving them shots. LOL

Thankfully, one usually only has to use the carrier once a year. I use a top loading carrier and Raiden goes in without a real issue. The other cat is the problem. He's a hefty guy and won't fit through the top! So, I have to tip the carrier lengthwise and slip him in that way. If you use a soft carrier, it's a different story.

Happy Rafi is doing so well! Just keep working on the Amber thing!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:58 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Just wanted to put my two cents in, since I was in exactly your position last May. A man advertised a Bengal for sale on Craig's list. Her name is Bella and I adopted her. She is a grayish Bengal bordering on charcoal, with a lovely sand-colored undercoat, mesmerizing markings, and adorable spots, especially the ones on her tummy. I simultaneously adopted a female rescue, a darling little feisty, acrobatic white and gray kitty who has a little cap that makes her look like a Capuchin monkey. I separated the girls for a week. Then I put up a gate between them. Then, at the urging of my husband, I released them into each other's company. While they are not the best of friends they ARE friends and frolic and chase each other around the house. They are both quite attached to me and sleep in our bedroom. Bella is a handful and I'm sure Fifi (or whatever you name your beautiful little girl - and she IS gorgeous) will be that. Secure your treasured knick-knacks! Fifi will be extremely intelligent and eager to get at them and work her wiles on them, which for my Bella means knocking them on the floor constantly to watch them plummet. Scientific, a real gravity-tester! Bella does other things as well typical of Bengals, and I'm sure you've gone on the Internet and have seen that YouTube video entitled something like "What to Know Before Adopting a Bengal," or whatever it is. It's very funny.

I was at first very disappointed because Bella wasn't in the least - and wasn't going ever to be - a cuddly cat. But we're now only six months in, and she and her buddy, Jamie, both sleep in our bedroom on our bed. Bella and Jamie used to sleep widely separated but after only a half year they sleep with only maybe a foot between them. Bella used to wake me up at 5:30, 6 in the morning by scratching the side of our mattress on our side. This morning she simply did the usual, tactful cat thing: she tapped my face with her paw a couple of times and I got out of bed to feed them both. I love my Bella. And I know she loves me. I trust that will be the same for you with Kiki. Best of luck. She is heavenly beautiful!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:30 pm 
Senior Bengal

Well after just over a month of having Rafiki with us, Lyra will now tolerate her enough for them to chase each other around and eat each others food. And Amber, as i have said before, we weren't really getting anywhere near them getting on, and i had to have Amber on her lead when we were all in the living room, sitting at my feet. But this weekend we have had a breakthrough. Rafi will still hiss at her if she gets too close, but Amber isn't wanting to attack back. Still a way to go, but we are progressing :biggrin:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:55 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Things just take time and patience. In another month, everything should be great between the three.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:04 pm 
Senior Bengal

A little update on Amber, Lyra and Rafiki. They are all mingling together, all chasing ...or being chased around the house :biggrin:
Amber is still a bit excitable with Rafiki when she charges past her, but she's not being aggressive at all. Rafiki is a little piggy, she eats her own food, and if Lyra's not quick enough at eating her's, Rafi will eat that as well!! We put our Christmas tree up on Wednesday evening, dreading what the girls were going to do, and how long it would last, as Lyra was bad enough last year and she was tiny, well, i was pleasantly surprised, they took no notice of it...until today :eek: Rafi has taken much delight in climbing and knocking the baubles off.

So, all is well in the household :biggrin:

A few photos, can't get good ones as usually moving too quick.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:41 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Lol i love the Christmas tree picture! Glad things are working out.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:20 am 
Senior Bengal

Rafiki perusing the Christmas cards. :smile1:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:32 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

You've got a great picture for Christmas cards next year. Your babies are just beautiful and happy to hear things are going well with the three of them.