[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Been offered a Bengal girl..1 year old
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:12 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:23 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I would love to have a scan of the pedigree information that you have. It may help fill in some blanks. I'll PM you my email address.

I'm sure it won't take long to fatten this little lady up! It will be a slow go, but she will get there. So happy that you have her and can provide her with a great home and lots of love.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:12 pm 
Senior Bengal

Update..She has been as quiet as a mouse since we bought her home, got the odd purr and that was it. I took Fifi(not sure what i'm going to change it to yet) to the vets this afternoon as her boosters were due, and for her to be checked over and weighed. She weighs at the moment 2.6kg at nearly 16mths. I'm to take her back in 3 weeks time and see if she's managed to put any weight on at all....here's hoping. Since we got home from the vets, she has found her voice :biggrin: Amber( Dog) is beside herself, and is desperate to get in the room, and Lyra, well..she walks past the door..totally ignores the sounds coming from there and goes upstairs to bed.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:56 am 
Senior Bengal

Litter...Lyra has always had Catsan, Fifi doesn't like this and is going to the toilet on the floor, right next to the litter tray. Any recommendations of what type to try next?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:38 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Get whatever she was using before so its familiar to her and then gradually change it when she's more settled.

It might also be stress related due to the move etc. It's a tough age for a Bengal to be rehomed - totally different to a kitten which is more adaptable. But I think she's struck gold with you and your family. She will soon realise that! Do you have feliway plugged in? I've also been told by my vet when Jagger was stressed to use a clean soft cloth and wipe their cheeks and then rub that around the room she's in to get her scent around her and make her feel more secure.

Keep us updated, I check this thread every day for more pics and to hear how its all going!

I'm especially fascinated by Lyra's utter indifference!

Good luck!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:44 pm 
Senior Bengal

Aww thank you, I'm pleased you're enjoying her journey, there will be lots more when they all finally meet face to face :eek:

While in the re -homing centre, they used a corn based litter mixed with a fine clumping litter. I'm going to research this now, but she was only in there for a few weeks, and we don't know what the original owners used. It will be lots of trial and error. I don't think she's stressed, she is the most affectionate cat i have ever known, always purring whenever i go into her room, jumps straight out of her bed, and she likes to be touching you all the time. She's eating really well, not interested in treats at all, but she loves a bit of chicken. Next week i'll start weaning her off the felix food she's been on in the shelter, and get her onto the same as Lyra which is Proplan delicate.

I have feliway plugged into her room and the living room, maybe that's why Lyra is totally apathetic about it all :biggrin: I'll go into Fifi and stroke her all around her face, then go out to Lyra and do the same, neither of them seem to be bothered about the others scent.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:54 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Aww, she's a beauty!!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:30 pm 
Senior Bengal

Fifi is a hungry girl..i'm feeding her four or more times a day, it's like having a kitten in the house again. I've changed her litter to a brand called Cats best nature gold, and am pleased to see she is using the litter tray now :biggrin:

I feel i've been neglecting my two other girls, so here's a photo from earlier

One thing i've noticed about Fifi, is when she's eating she kneads the mat her food bowls are on..I've never seen a cat do that before!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:02 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Beautiful babies!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:06 am 
Senior Bengal

This is Fifi's 4th night with us, she's totally settled in her room, no toileting issues any more, and tonight I shut Lyra in the kitchen, and Amber was upstairs in daughters room, so i brought her into the living room with us..very unsure to start, but was soon prowling around, rubbing against everything she could. She was in there for about half an hour, Lyra was outside at this time, peering into the window watching fifi. She is now in her safe room, and is not very happy, she's desperate to come back out, so....should i do an introduction tomorrow or leave a little longer?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:38 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

You know your home situation and your pets better than anybody. It is apparent Fifi is not liking being left alone as bengals are very social creatures. Feel free to start the introduction process and see how it goes. And let us know ...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:55 am 
Senior Bengal

Well, the introducing of all the girls is going very slowly.
Lots of growling and hissing between Lyra and Rafiki, and then Rafiki will slowly slink off to put some distance between them. The main problem i'm having is with my dog Amber. She was fantastic when Lyra was a kitten, mothered her, washed her and was so gentle. With Rafi it's slightly different as she will hiss and growl at her which makes Amber bark at her. And Rafi is so quick running around, it makes Amber a very excited dog, and of course with her being blind, or near enough..(she can see shadows) it's is a very slow process. I've googled introducing a cat to resident dog, but can't find any to help with a blind dog. Any suggestions anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:30 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

At least they are in the same room together! LOL. Patience is the key. Rafi will eventually settle right in and your doggie will be fine! Things are still new -- there have been major changes with your household in getting a new pet. Hang in there.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:56 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Good to see that things are progressing nicely with your three pets!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:02 pm 
Senior Bengal

[youtube]https://youtu.be/uF6IMoJ3zrE[/youtube]

Still lots of noise from Lyra when they are in the same room, with Lyra stalking Rafiki into corners!!
This video, taken this morning, shows for the first time Lyra not growling at Rafi through the door...progress? I hope so.

Things are not going so well with the introductions between Rafi and Amber :sad:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:04 pm 
Senior Bengal

The link isn't working..will try again later!