It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:43 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:39 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

I love Bryan more than life itself and after the last hour I have the utmost respect as well.
My husband's two nephew's (3 yo and 2yo) have been at our place for the last hour completely running amok and driving me completely mental.
Bryan on the other hand kept coming back to these two boys for more! What the heck! These boys are hell on wheels, I kid you not...........there's a reason I don't have children!
They were dragging around the cat tunnel and various cat toys, screaming and yelling, having a great time. The second they stopped Bryan was straight into the tunnel waiting for them to drag it around with him inside!
When the kids got into trouble for being too loud and boisterous and had a cry Bryan was right there making sure they were OK and wanting to play again.
I am completely gobsmacked. Our DSH, Max, was hiding in the new enclosure as high and far away as he could possibly get (I was jealous), but Bryan was right in the thick of it!
Never in my life have I met a cat who is not only tolerant of children, but actively seeks them out!
There's a reason every time these kids come over they are chanting "Kittens, kittens, kittens" (even though Bryan and Max aren't kittens anymore and Max is only around if they're being quiet). They mean well and really look forward to seeing the cats - they are never cruel or mean to the cats, they are just noisy full on boys.
I might just start a poll on this one.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:38 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Tracey, you've got a really unique kitty. My bengal will not tolerate loud noise and will run and hide, even if the there is a ruckus on the television. When it comes to kids, he hops up on his highest platform on the cat tree where they can't get him. He does, after all, want to see what is going on. Your Bryan is amazing to tolerate the kids ... and sounds like he was having a blast with them. Now you're going to have to entertain them more often. Sorry .... LOL