It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:50 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Dry food?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:27 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Sherry, you said you left dry food out for your cats. I have been avoiding dry food and feeding only canned wet food. I give them Weruva, which is supposedly better than a lot of commercial products. I thought of cooking chicken, chicken livers, etc., and adding the vitamins, including, of course, taurine, that they need. But that's something I've never done and I don't want to get it wrong.

Can you tell me what kind of dry food you use? I think it would be better to put that out for them at night.

Thanks again for all your help.

Post subject: Re: Dry food?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:38 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

When I first got Raiden, I tried many of the high-grade wet and dry foods and he would not eat them. He had been fed Friskies dry by his previous owner. I settled on Fancy Feast, which I know is not the best food for him, but he will eat it. The vet put him on a prescription dry food but he rarely touches that. My other kitty will eat it, but usually prefers the Fancy Feast dry. This is a question so many cat owners have, but what it comes down to is what the cat will actually eat. There is no point on spending money and putting expensive cat food down only to just toss it away (or like I do ... keep the leftovers and put them out for the raccoons). I think with my next Chewy order, I may try and better type of wet food and see if Raiden will eat that. My other kitty is not as particular and would probably enjoy it.