It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:36 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: I have a randy Bengal
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:44 am 
Bengal Kitten

Hi I'm Deborah, I registered a while ago but never posted, my Kenny is just past his first birthday April 8th, he is gorgeous and very much everything I've heard about Bengals, he's vocal, curious, playful, funny and I adore him. My question is about his labedo? I had him fixed once he was old enough and so I thought he wouldn't go through any kind of heat, but he humps my arm and my husband's arm, he also humps a stuffed toy moose I got him I feel bad for him and don't know exactly what to do? Has anyone else experienced this in a nurtured Bengal? And if so did he outgrow it??

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:26 am 
Senior Bengal

Hi,

My tigger was neuter at 4 months and he started humping his toy he had since a kitten. Well he grabs the toy kitten then humps his bed but only that though nothing else.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:47 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Are you sure he isn't just bunny kicking you and the toy which can look similar? It is not unusual for a male to "hump," but it's not a common thing either. If this is continuous behavior, then I'd have the vet check him out. However, cats love to thump and bunny kick their toys (and I have another cat that likes to do my arm when I pet his belly). I'm sure there are a million YouTube videos out there showing cats doing this that you might want to check out. The bunny kicking is just their way of playing.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:44 am 
Senior Bengal

My tigger is definitely not bunny kicking. he bite his toy kitten and back his bum to his bed between his legs and you can see he humping/thrusting his back legs. I'll film it next time. he does this once every two days and sometimes every day.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:52 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

A video would definitely help us understand what you are talking about, but when my cats bunny kick their toys, it looks similar to humping.