[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Could this be a Bengal?
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:46 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Could this be a Bengal?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:02 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Woman in my area is rehoming this cat to a good home for free after vetting applicants. She claims it is a purebred and states she has papers but I doubt she does. Anyways I was curious if you al thought it was remotely possible for this to be a Bengal.
http://imgur.com/z0KY5J3
http://imgur.com/MuwsSut
http://imgur.com/90fgYDs
http://imgur.com/WOsaTBH

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:51 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

It is always difficult to tell from photographs, however, the last one shows glitter! And your only bengals and Egyptian Maus have glitter. I would venture to say this is at least 1/2 bengal if not a purebred. The leg type looks like a bengal as well. If she has "papers," she should freely share them or give them to you if you get the kitty. Note, certified pedigrees are freely available for other bengals online and one can download and print it out and claim it is that cat's pedigree. This kitty is gorgeous!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:58 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Interesting most people I have asked said no way it's a Bengal. So it's possible for a Bengal to have a striped pattern such as the one this cat has?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:08 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Striped markings look like a Toyger. Beautiful cat though. Toygers are like striped bengals.

UK
Oscar - Rescue (Rascal!!!) Bengal

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:29 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Do toygers have glitter? When all is said and done -- a cat is a cat. If you want the kitty, get the kitty.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:55 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Yep Sherry Toygers have glitter as they are a bengal crossed with a super stripey tabby. I googled it and wasted half an hour admiring all the gorgeous Toygers online!

If this lady is rehoming this lovely cat for free, she obviously just wants the best home for it so it really does not matter about having papers etc in my opinion!

UK

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:55 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Yep Sherry Toygers have glitter as they are a bengal crossed with a super stripey tabby. I googled it and wasted half an hour admiring all the gorgeous Toygers online!

If this lady is rehoming this lovely cat for free, she obviously just wants the best home for it so it really does not matter about having papers etc in my opinion!

UK

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:27 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I'd love to know how toygers do not have rosettes and only beautiful striping. I am happy to know the glitter gene was passed down.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:48 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

The head shape is very Bengal. The thick rich fur, the sheen/glitter, also very Bengal. The general body shape, hard to tell, he's still young. I would say at least part Bengal.

You could acquire a really great cat quite easily here!