[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - poop color and texture indication to healthiness
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:27 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:38 am 
Bengal Cat

i just got my boy three days ago. everything went perfectly! He's cuddly bug, loving, he would constantly ask for petting. letting me belly rub, i can't express how i'm so in love with him... love his rosettes and his head shape too!

but i just noticed his poop is moist and kinda.. odd color?
i have two pictures of the poop, may you guys help me determine? thanks in advance!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150117257 ... 5684914945

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:57 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Could be stress from change of environment, combined with normal tummy bugs - moving home is a big change.

Have you changed food from what the breeder was giving ( you shouldn't ).

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:53 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

The poop actually looks pretty good. I agree that a minor change could be caused by stress in changing of the environment. I would think a kitten's poop would be a little moist. This looks a lot better than MY bengal's poop, which at times can be like pouring mustard on a hot dog. You should be feeding your baby the same type of food you breeder fed him as any change in diet, combined with some stress, can cause a change. I would not think this is anything to worry about as many kittens get diarrhea when going to a new home. This is not that. Keep an eye on the poop, but I don't know that I would worry too much about how it looks in the picture. Also ... does your contract with the breeder state you will take your kitty to a vet within a certain amount of time? You can always take a sample of the stool to the vet and they can probably tell you a lot more than I can.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:01 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I think it looks fairly normal, colour wise it depends what you feed them sometimes it can make it different colours, my 2 do very dark brown poops.

I shouldn't worry too much as the poop is formed and not runny it may firm up a bit as he settles in but some cats have always got soft poops.

By the way he is gorgeous :lol:

Bristol, UK

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:48 am 
Bengal Cat

thank you so much guys! i just ask breeder, she said it is pretty good poop xDDD