It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:52 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:56 am 
Senior Bengal

Does anyone else have this issue? My Gypsee is progressively getting worse in using her litter tray properly. She now rarely goes for a wee actually inside the tray, she goes in and doesn't turn so she wees out the front and wees high too so it sprays quite far. Its getting worse and worse and every day I am clearing it up repeatedly. The vet has no idea why. Any one have any ideas why she does this? It's got worse in the last year ?? I have a very high sided tray with folding top lid. Keeping it open makes no difference.... and it's a big litter box too so plenty of room to turn, my other Bengal Tia who is bigger uses it just fine.... Gypsee starts peeing in the squat position and then gradually raises her bum so she wees up. In terms of health conditions she is taking steroids and chlorambucil for potential IBD/Small Cell Lymphoma.
Has anyone had this issue or front of litter tray peeing and resolved it?

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 4:32 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

You have multiple cats. Do you have multiple litter boxes? You need one for each cat and an extra. I recently purchased a high-sided litter box as mine likes to lift his butt up to spray. So far, it is containing everything.