It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:59 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 5:10 pm 
Bengal Cat

After about a month of keeping my 2 bengals on the pine pellets the breeder uses, I plan to adjust them to a litter robot. You can only use clumping litter for this, so I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on the best way to transition them over. The pine pellets are HUGE, they are what she uses to fuel her pellet stove. :rolleyes:

Also, if anyone has had any issues with any brands please post!! I plan to use tidy cats with either the blue or red top.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 5:15 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

The easiest way to transition is to set up both litter boxes. See how much interest is in the new one. Cats just want to go in a clean litter box. They will be curious about anything new you set up -- and may use it on their own with no prompting. With the two cats I'm taking care of, both of them found the inside litter box on their own! I never showed them where it was. There is one in the cat enclosure as well.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:40 am 
Bengal Kitten

I just set up both litter boxes, and actually the cats preferred to use the clumping litter versus the pine pellets.....easy as pie it was. I left the other litter box for several weeks till I realized it was never being used. I love the idea of the pine pellets and understand it, and I hate the mess of the clumping litter.... but for odor sake, I really am happy to be using the clay litter.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:55 am 
Senior Bengal

Clay is good, its what the breeder used with my Aiko, however it needs changing very often