[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Meet Morgana - Merlin's Legacy of Love
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:45 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:14 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Well Morgana is definitely here, and she is here to stay. I believe she and I will make each other heal and while my heart will forever ache for my precious Merlin, I can see the beauty of this little lady he has sent to me.

She is settling really well, although still very spooked by any sudden movement, a cough or sneeze, the air freshener going off, phone ringing or text.... just about anything really! She is currently on Whiskas wet food, but I will be changing that once she has fully settled and taken over. She is happily eating Purina One indoor biscuits, and will go over to Gourmet wet I expect.....Unless anyone has a better recommendation?

The cheeky little madam has already stolen several little ornaments and is chew testing just about everything she can - fingers, toes, footstool, etc. She has let me groom her several times, and seems happy for the interaction that allows. She will come out from under the spare bed when I call her, or rustle a treat packet, and has been spending time sat on the blanket box next to me while I am on the computer.

I am amazingly already getting loves, chirrups and lots of rubbing of head, ears, back and chin. Yesterday I was given the tummy twice, and rubbed it without getting trapped by devilish claws... Last night, she was playing with me in the lounge before I went up to bed, and was being a tornado with the zoomies. When I went to bed, she came up also, and went into 'her room'. Shortly afterwards, I saw a little furry flash in my room, and she appeared on the bed! I gave her a couple of treats and a rub, and she then took herself off to bed.

I have added a few pics for those who haven't seen her on my Darling Merlin's post.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:54 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Wow and here I thought she was just a pretty face. Those are some gorgeous markings! She is a real beauty. I still love her big green eyes!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:54 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

She's an absolute stunner! Sounds like she is settling in beautifully too!

Out of curiosity, how did she end up at the Blue Cross? What is her story?

So pleased you found each other xx

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:04 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Jo, what a beauty! Thank you for taking in an older kitty. I know she will provide you with years of love and joy.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:05 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

She is beautiful, I'm sure you will both be very happy and she will help to mend your broken heart.

Bristol, UK

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 10:20 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Thank you all for your kind words.

Morgana (Blissnmore Limited Edition) is settling in slowly but surely - Only two duvets off to the cleaner so far... :lol:
That is easily forgiven as she is such a sweetheart and has clearly suffered some trauma that has left her extremely nervous of everything that moves- or doesn't move.....
Change to a new home that smells of a big boy, with things that were his now becoming hers (Floor to ceiling climber, etc) and a new Mummy to learn to trust.
I am extremely grateful that Merlin sent her to me, and that she seems to have accepted me as her provider, and hopefully her forever Mummy. I know she is my forever girl, whether she be a cuddlebug, inside my skin like my darling Merlin, or aloof and only wanting to play and have rubs on her terms.
She woke me twice last night coming onto my bed, and roaming around - even onto the pillows so she could sniff my head! When I opened my eyes and said hello, that was it 0-60, gone like a rocket!
Her tongue is the longest I have ever seen on a cat and she slobbers everywhere when eating. It is like sitting near a pig pen, with the slurpy noises! She does love her food, but has already begun to get fitter with all the running about she is now doing!
I have bought her a cat wheel, which is presently sitting in the living room looking HUGE!! She has sniffed it, but not got on it - As a kitten her breeder had one, so I am hopeful she will get round to using it.
I am converting the spare bedroom into her den, gradually. The double bed will go, and I will get a single so she still has a bomb shelter.. The smaller climber will be put up there, and a couple of nice beds as well - maybe an igloo hidey hole...

My heart is still shattered and Merlin has taken half of it to Rainbow Bridge, where he will return to me one day. Morgana is starting to help me heal and is already making her place within the pieces that are left. She is a cute, gorgeous, cheeky whirlwind already destroying my house, making it a home once again - and I love every minute of it! :biggrin: :rolleyes:

I love you all as family, and pray that nothing like the tragic circumstances 'we' have been through happens to any other furbaby.

Jo n Morgana
XXX XXX

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 4:44 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Jo, I know that Morgana will settle in. It takes a lot longer for an adult cat who has been through litters of raising babies and now she's basically on her own with you. She will come around in time. I know how patient you will be with her.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 9:11 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

The Bengal tummy is mine! She jumped up on my bed this evening and rolled over for rubs!!
I have all the time in the world for this little girl. She seems to have decided I can be trusted - and it's only two weeks tomorrow!
Her room is coming along slowly. She has been given a lovely igloo bed by two gorgeous little men who have a special Mummy of their own. (Thank you Xx)
I now have lots of toys around the house again. Mad zoomies at bedtime, and again before breakfast. It seems she is finally having her kitten phase, having been such a young mum.

Sherry - Morgana will never have to worry or be afraid again. Whatever happened before she was rescued, I may never know, but it will never happen again.

Jo n Morgana xxxx

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 9:40 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Thanks for such a super update, Jo! It's amazing what patience and love can do for a kitty! She is settling in great -- she is such a lucky baby! And you are so lucky to have her as well. Merlin is watching over you and grinning from ear to ear (I do believe cats can grin).

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 5:24 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Animals just know who to trust and she has struck gold with you as her mum! I love hearing the updates and how wonderful to know she is helping you too. x

UK
Oscar - Rescue (Rascal!!!) Bengal

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 8:04 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Wow - tummy rubs means total trust. Amazing that you have come so far with Morgana in such a short space of time.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 8:56 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

So glad to hear how well things are going, Jo. That is one lucky kitty! xox

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 12:34 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

And the proof is in the tummy!
Morgana is on and off my bed, up and down the stairs, exploring the windowsills, creating mayhem.....and I am loving every second! The wheel is here and built, she has sniffed it several times, but not yet set foot (I'm not rushing her!) It will move upstairs when all is ready. Looking for a single bed for her room today, and double will go hopefully on sunday.
My heart is truly under the paw once more, with Merlin locked tight in there for Eternity, Morgana has made her own niche...

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 4:14 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I'm so happy Morgana can just be a cat! No more kitties to deal with, no more separation. She has found a loving hand for her tummy (that IS real progress, but most bengals love tummy tickles). I know you are so over the moon with her. A "match made in Heaven" by Merlin.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 6:03 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat