[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - My beautiful Merlin has crossed to Rainbow Bridge.
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:36 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:13 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Thank you all for your kind words. Ten days on, and I am still distraught.

It was NOT my beautiful boys time, and I shall forever HATE the dog that so cruelly attacked him. It seems that although the dog came through the fence (chewed through it!) and the owners were aware it had previously escaped, there is no current law to deal with this situation.
One of my colleagues is now looking at the 1871 Dogs Act, as they think there may be something there they can use.

The vet has sent me a lovely card - They too, are heartbroken. Everyone who met Merlin was touched by his soul. He was such a sweet boy, not a nasty hair on his body. Yes - If another cat entered his turf, then he saw it off (Mostly by screaming for me to chase it away, which I did...) with only a few real cat-fights over the years.

The hardest part is people telling me Merlin had a good innings at 17. They don't understand that he was fit and well, and it was not the way he should have left this life. Had he been infirm, struggling, suffering, in pain, he would have let me know it was his time, and I would have been there with him as he passed to the Rainbow Bridge. We did not get that chance.

I would trade my life right now if it would give me one last day with him, to let him go peacefully and not under these horrific circumstances.

Some people are telling me to get another cat to fill the void. Maybe in time, but for now, I need to grieve for my baby and repair my shattered heart.

I have created a Memorial to my gorgeous boy on Gone Too Soon.... http://www.gonetoosoon.org/memorials/pe ... in-donegan

I love you all as family, and please, please, take an extra check of your fencing before bed tonight, to know nothing can get into your furbaby's territory.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:48 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I have just read your tribute to your wonderful boy, it broke my heart I could hardly read it through the tears it really got to me.

I cannot imagine how you feel but I can only guess.

I hope you eventually find peace.

Take care xx

Bristol, UK

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:16 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Oh my goodness, I don't come on here very often at all. I am so very sorry for your loss. 17 years old but still your little boy. Regardless of age it is so very sad.

My heart goes out to you xxxxxx

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:35 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

To update you all.

It is now 24 days since my beautiful Merlin went to Rainbow Bridge. I miss him every second of every day. He was my shadow, and my grounding in an often difficult life. My job is often harrowing and Merlin gave me company, fun, sarcasm, demands, beauty and love to come home to.

I am lost without my boy, and yesterday went to meet a beautiful little lady who is desperately in need of a new home. I will be welcoming her on monday.

She is 5 years old, and from the Gogees / Aluren lines. As far as I can find out, she has had a litter, and then went on to a traumatic life. She needs me as much as I need her.

I will post a pic once she has settled in, and gained a bit of confidence...

Her name is temporarily Peaches, but that may change when her personality shines through....

She is a beautiful brown rosetted lady, with stunning eyes and a sweet nature despite everything. After 20 minutes she allowed ne to rub her head and ears, and nuzzled my hand. It seems we are meant to be...

I have told Merlin, and pray he can now rest peacefully while playing at Rainbow Bridge until we are together again. I would never have wished to lose him before his time, and struggle with what happened constantly, but he would not want me to be alone and I believe he has sent her to me.

The dog owners have been given a formal Community Protection Notice warning, and the dog is on a Behaviour Contract for 12 months. It cannot be out of the property without a lead and muzzle. I intend to sue the owner, as they have not even said 'sorry'...

My garden is now fully enclosed with UPVC fencing, where I can, and the Council are looking at Tenancy action against the dog owners. Hopefully, they will be moved to a horrid neighbourhood where they will fit right in. I find I hard that as a private homeowner, they, up to this incident, have not had to abide by their tenancy agreement. I will not sit in silence any longer....

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:18 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hi Jo,

How wonderful that you are adopting this little girl! Of course Merlin would not want you to suffer like this, and I too, as I was reading your post, believe he sent her to you.

Perhaps, with time, when you look into "Peache's" eyes, you will see a reflection of your precious Merlin in them. You will be good for each other, Jo, help each other heal.

I am so glad you are pursuing this idiot of a neighbour. In honour of Merlin, no other adored baby will ever be hurt again.

Big hugs to you, Jo. Looking forward to seeing your new little girl.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:03 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I cannot imagine what you are going through. I thought for a minute what I would feel if something like that happened to my babies and it was too painful to even imagine. I think it is good that the dog owners are being held accountable. That never should have happened in this day and age. What a nightmare for you and tragic ending for Merlin.

The cat you are adopting will help you heal and fill the void. I am glad to hear you are open to bringing her into your life. Keep us updated on "Peaches."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:43 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

That is a wonderful thing you are doing to help this precious girl who is in need, I believe she will help to heal your broken heart.

I cannot possibly imagine what you have been through and how you feel but I can try.

Merlin will always be your special boy but I believe he definitely would approve of your kindness of taking on this girl.

I hope this will help to fill the void that Merlin has left behind, his legacy lives on.

Bristol, UK

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:22 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

It takes so much time to begin healing. Grief is not easy to deal with. I am so happy to hear you are welcoming an new angel into your life. I know you miss Merlin and this little lady won't completely take his place. Thank you so much for the update and can't wait to see your new kitty.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:58 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I'm so glad Merlin guided you to Peaches. As you said, you need each other and you will begin to heal each other's hurts. Looking forward to seeing her on here. Massive hugs to you Jo.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:14 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

It is wonderful that you and "Peaches" have found each other and can support each other in the different types of healing that you both need at the moment.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:46 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Thank you all so much for the support and kind words you have all given me.
Losing my darling boy has taken the very soul from me. He was and always will be 'the one' for me.
Peaches is going to be given as much love as she wants, and hopefully will give me some comfort. If she never wants my lap, then so be it. She will still be precious to me.
I cannot even begin to dream of being happy again at this time, but what I can be is needed. That will help me begin a healing process. The pain and grief is still absolute, and I doubt it will ever truly go, until I am reunited with Merlin over the Bridge.
I have put away some of Merlin’s favourite toys and his special blanket, and will keep them forever. We also share a pair of silver bells that tinkle in the wind, bonding our souls forever with the breeze.
I must now ensure that Peaches has a good life, filled with love and contentment. Merlin taught me how to do this. That will be his legacy.
Jo xxx

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:45 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Jo -- BLESS YOU! I can sense your grief. It is never easy, but we've all been there. Peaches will never replace Merlin in your heart and your heart is big enough for them both. Peaches will help you heal -- time is what you need. Hang in there. You know we are here if you ever need us.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:23 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Oh Jo, you beautiful soul.
My heart aches for your loss and I am sending you much strength to deal with your moronic neighbours.

I look forward to hearing all about your new resident, Peaches xx

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:48 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

It is now 30 days since my darling boy, Merlin, left my life. The pain is not getting any easier, as he was my World. He has, however, sent me a new little lady to love and cherish, who will help the shattered remains of my heart heal. She is now called Morgana. She is 4yrs, 8 months and has been bred.

Her pedigree name is Blissnmore Limited Edition, and she had two litters, one a boy and girl, with Blissnmore Sudden Impact. The second litter of three boys, was at Corsican Bengals, where Merlin was bred. It seems my new little girl is the mother of Merlin's great-great-great nephews! I am utterly distraught at his loss, but overjoyed to still have a physical, tangible link to him.

I am already slowly gaining her trust and finding life as a Bengal Mum is still the most rewarding, if crazy, wonderful experience ever. She has trashed the house, and is slowly but surely filling the void. I will be under the paw before too long, no doubt, and while she can never replace my boy, she will have her own paw print in my heart.

Her pedigree is exceptional - Gogees and Aluren lines to mention just two. Her babies were stunning, and I have photos of her as a kitten, and most of them. Corsican Bengals have kept one of the boys so there will always be a memory of Merlin there also.

This afternoon, she has honoured me with a beautiful pic of her gorgeous face and eyes - And I would like to share this with you all.
In time, I will have photos of her full pattern (brown spotted) but for now she is not too sure of the camera....

I will create a new post where I can share her beauty with you all, as she is Merlin's legacy of Love to me.
Jo xxx

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:46 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Gosh, she is gorgeous! I do not have her in my database. Do you have her pedigree? I'd love it if you could scan it and post it for me. It is so incredible that she actually has a link to your Merlin! She will help you heal -- I promise.