[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - My beautiful Merlin has crossed to Rainbow Bridge.
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:08 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:44 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

It is with broken heart that I must tell you that Merlin has left this Earth and gone to Rainbow Bridge.
It was not his time, and I and my family are devastated beyond words.

MERLIN DONEGAN
30/01/2000 - 28/03/2017
GONE TOO SOON…..

You stole my heart from the moment we met.
My blood is your blood. My heartbeat is your heartbeat.
As long as I live, you will always be with me, in my heart and in my soul.
You will be my every thought to the end of time.
You are gone to Rainbow Bridge, be safe and happy, and one day we WILL meet again.
Never think you were not loved, or that you can be replaced.
That is not to be.
I will always love you.
XXXXX Mummy XXXXX

Very upsetting reading, this is what happened.
I share only because people need to know.........and keep other furbabies safe.

He was relaxing in the sun in his garden on Sunday afternoon, when the neighbours terrier dog forced its way through their fence and attacked him. I pulled the dog off, having to punch it to get it to release him, and Merlin ran away through the gap the dog had made. I found him a few minutes later, limping in the road around the corner. He had what appeared to be nerve or ligament damage to his back leg. The vet thought that with rest he would be OK, albeit it might be a long recovery. There was no sign then of any additional damage. I spent the night stroking him gently, ensuring he was comfortable. He used his litter tray, and seemed to be overcoming the shock.

On Monday at the vets, they had no immediate concerns. There were no broken bones, a couple of what appeared to be small scrapes, but plenty of attitude. He was taking water, using his litter tray, and therefore given painkillers, opiates, antibiotics, and sent home to be kept warm and calm indoors. He appeared to be doing fine. He was talking and demanding loves and using his litter tray. I rang the vet at 1600, and they were happy with his progress, so he was left with me at home, where I spent the night on the floor beside him in his cage I had obtained.

On Tuesday morning, he appeared to be in distress, so Mum came and we rushed him to the vet, and they put him straight on a drip. They did blood tests and diagnosed Sepsis. They discovered bruising to his chest and abdomen that had not been apparent earlier. He was given extra strong antibiotics on iv, along with more fluids.

Sadly, I got a call at 1320 saying he was leaving me, and to get there. I arrived just as he crossed to the Bridge.

I cannot view the coming days and weeks without him, he was, as you all know, my life, my soul, my blood and my heartbeat.
Please Please take extra care of your furbabies, and ensure that your enclosures, fences, etc cannot be forced apart by any animal intending harm. I had to witness this and cannot close my eyes without seeing it again. I would not wish that on anyone else...

Jo. Merlin's Mum
RIP (Corsican) Merlin Donegan, 30/01/2000 - 28/03/2017
I shall miss you for eternity until we are reunited at Rainbow Bridge. I will call for you my darling. Until that time play hard, and be well.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:31 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

So sorry to read this :(((

Lily & Noha - Oct 7th 2015

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:59 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

This is so sad, I'm so sorry Merlin was attacked, Jo. All I can say is that at least he got to enjoy 17 good years with you (and vice versa) and I'm sure he had really fond memories of being with you. By the way you write about him, I am sure Merlin knew that you loved him more than anything else. There is nothing worse than losing a part of your family, but Merlin will always be there in your heart of hearts. Rest in Peace dear Merlin.

So this is where we part, My friend,
And you'll run on, around the bend.
Gone from sight, but not from mind,
new pleasures there you'll surely find.

I will go on; I'll find the strength
Life measures quality, not its length.
One long embrace before you leave
Share one last look, before I grieve.

There are others, that much is true
But they be they, and they aren't you.
And I, fair, impartial, or so I thought
Will remember well all you've taught.

Your place I'll hold, you will be missed
The fur I stroked, the nose I kissed
And as you journey to your final rest,
Take with you this… I loved you best.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:04 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

This is so sad. I am so very sorry for your loss.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:46 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Your story was so painful to read. I know it was more painful for you to write it. I am truly sorry for your loss. I hate it especially because he was viciously attacked and it was certainly not his time to pass over the Rainbow Bridge. My heart goes out to you. )))HUGS)))

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:03 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

What a very handsome boy Merlin was. Absolutely devastated for you. Nothing anyone can say to ease the heartache but it must be comfort you to have been with him when he passed. Try and remember him as he was in the picture, enjoying the Summer breeze. Hugs and love to you xx

UK
Oscar - Rescue (Rascal!!!) Bengal

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:08 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

FB_IMG_1475876253122-1.jpg
This is breaking my heart to read, I have tears in my eyes to think about what you are going though.
I really don't know what to say to you as nothing in the world will make any difference to the way you feel.
RIP beautiful boy.
You didn't deserve such a terrible fate.
Xxx
My thoughts are with you at this very sad time.
Xxx

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bristol, UK

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:22 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Jo, I'm so incredibly sorry to read this. I honestly don't know what to say.

Sending you love and hugs xxx

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:44 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

I'm so sorry to hear about Merlin Jo, my thoughts are with you.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:41 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I am so sorry that Merlin left you too soon, I understand how devastated you must feel.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:06 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Oh Jo, I'm so sorry to hear this. I have tears in my eyes thinking of your heartbreak. Life can be so cruel. Thinking of you, sending love and light.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:05 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I'm so very sorry for your loss

Clyde, Bleu & Coal - Great Danes

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:12 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

So sorry for your great loss, Jo. Life can be so unfair sometimes.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:54 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Oh no, Jo, this is terrible news. I'm so very sorry to hear of Merlin's untimely passing.
Much love & strength to you xx

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:29 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Still thinking of you Jo. I've been reading a lot of older posts since I'm still fairly new to the forum and have found many endearing stories of Merlin and your insightful help to many members.
I hope you are still managing to smile at the memories through the tears.