[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Missing Bengal
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:52 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Missing Bengal
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:54 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Agreed, Clare. I know all of us here echo that sentiment, that we wish we could do something more to find that poor little baby.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:14 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Thank you all so much for the support and I know you are willing Duke home as much as I am.

Clare, you must have been so worried when Hendrix was gone for such a long time and I'm so pleased that you got that phone call and were able to go and get him.

From speaking to people as we were dropping leaflets through doors, we have a rough idea of where he goes. We are Lingfield in Surrey which is a large village so lots of places to hide and explore. His usual route is across the street from us, through the graveyard (where several people say they used to see him) and then over the wall into a very exclusive estate - he clearly thinks he's posh!! I spoke to a lady there and she said he's always in her garden and her 4 cats tend to pick on him. He goes right up to her back door but won't let her anywhere near him - this is why I don't think he could have been stolen or be sitting in someone's house. He's just too wary of other people unless they are in his home where he feels safe.

I've asked if people were away as it was half term when he went missing but no one knows of anyone that was away. I've also been checking all the houses for sale to check they are occupied in case he went in while the estate agent was doing a viewing. Nothing :(

Daisy is ok thanks. She was missing him and crying for for the first few days and not eating much but seems to be back to her usual cheeky self now. We are giving her extra cuddles to make her feel loved and safe.

I will keep trying to stay positive and hope that he finds his way home or that someone spots him soon.

xx

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:28 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

That sounds like Hendrix as he wouldn't go near anyone at all so I was pretty certain no one would be able to get close enough to him to snatch him or approach him even if he was starving hungry. Both of mine though do go into houses/garages/sheds/vehicles if the doors are open and no one is around. I was really surprised when I heard people say they had to chase them out of their houses.

One to be aware of is WHEN he is home, to block the cat flap as Jagger broke out the night Hendrix came home as he was so freaked out and didn't recognise Hendrix. He stank of bins though so not surprising. We got one home and then the other one ran off!

I was amazed Hendrix survived living near a busy main road for over two weeks and I'm willing Duke to amaze you too. I guess he wandered too far and became disorientated so keep putting things outside with the scent of home and keep calling.

You're doing all the right things so keep positive.

Sending you hugs xx

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:12 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I am so sorry to hear Duke is still missing. It is heart-wrenching. I think most of us have been through this. When my "stray" went missing, I sent out 1,800 flyers and postcards within several miles of my home. I trekked through woods looking for him. I was in tears every day I returned home without him. I never found him. My heart still aches to this day, even though I have a bengal and another outdoor cat. Don't give up. Owners and pets have been reunited after years. You just never know.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:18 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

We are all praying for Duke's safe return. We are all trying to be as positive and supportive of you as possible.

You have gotten some amazing suggestions from so many on here. Our babies are also more resilient than we realize.

I come on here everyday, hoping to find out Duke has been found.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:29 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Thank you all so much for the support. I feel so much better being able to share with you all.

Still no news but I am sharing the posts far and wide and there are fabulous people in our community who I've never even met that are handing out leaflets and speaking to everyone they meet so we are definitely spreading the word as much as we can.

We've been out constantly looking for him and have widened the search area. I still believe that he is out there somewhere so hope that someone will see him and let us know.

xx

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:56 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hi Tanja,

I was just thinking of you, and wondering how you are.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:08 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Likewise Jacqueline. It can be very disheartening though to come on here with an update of 'no news'.... I've been keeping an eye on the Animal Search UK entry to see if its been updated with 'found'. No luck so far :cry:

Duke sounds like he is a hunter though so he should be able to provide for himself if he's lost.

We are all willing him home to you, Tanja. Big hug xx

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:42 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Thanks Clare and Jacqueline for thinking of me.

Sadly there's still no news of Duke and it's now been 3 very long and very tearful weeks. My husband took me to the docs yesterday as I haven't been eating or sleeping well and just generally absolutely heartbroken.

I'm on all the lost pet sites on social media and it's unbelievable how many cats get added as missing every day. Where do they all go? So many heartbroken people just wanting to get their beloved pets back.

We are still sharing the messages as much as we can and checking that all the shops and other areas in the village are still displaying the posters which they are and everyone is helping to spread the word. Hopefully someone will spot him and we will get that call.

Keep willing him home and fingers crossed we get some news soon.

xx

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:20 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Have you thought any further about asking Animal Search UK to do posters for you just in case it is bad news and someone doesn't want to tell you directly?

You can also ask them to do a search for you although there is a charge for that. They have thermal imaging cameras and all sorts to assist them. Check out their website. That was going to be my next move - I'd already done the posters. You will literally get the posters and flyers the next day. I also said on the poster that Hendrix had a medical condition just in case someone had tried to snatch him or found him and wanted to keep him - just so they would think he would cost them a fortune in vet bills.

There are some lovely people out there, someone might be feeding him if they think he is lost, but he might not let them close enough for them to get him to a vet to check for a microchip.

I'm glad your husband is there to support you at this difficult time. Jon is in the Navy and was away when Hendrix disappeared. But I also ended up at the doctors once he was home on leave as I ended up with a chest infection from traipsing around in all weathers, lack of sleep etc. I really feel for you.

Don't give up, Tanja. We're all rooting for you xxx

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:16 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Truly hope Ive got this right, but I've just checked Animal Search UK and I believe Duke is back with you Tanja?

Please let this be correct! Hope you update us when you get chance xxx

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:00 pm 
Bengal Kitten

He's home!!!!

Have literally been going through all of theach places I registered him to update the details and was just logging on to let you and Jacqueline know but you beat me to it!!

He came through the cat flap at about 7.30 last night and we honestly thought we were seeing things. He was really hungry and had clearly lost weight but otherwise seems OK. Smells strange so I think he may well have been shut in somewhere. He ate and then slept for about an hour but then really wanted to go out again. He was getting so stressed and head butting the cat flap, howling and literally climbing the walls so we had a real dilemma but in the end let him out.

I think he needed to reestablish his territory and thankfully he came back this morning, ate lots and has been curled up in his favourite spot all day. We've been giving him lots off cuddles and tummy rubs and he's purring away.

If only he could talk! I'd love to know where he's been.

Hopefully he will stay closer to home from now on. I know I'll be a mess every time he goes out!

Thank you so much for all your support. We are over the moon to have our boy home again.

Xxxx

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:05 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

UK
Oscar - Rescue (Rascal!!!) Bengal

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:13 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I am so, so pleased for you! Definitely sounds like he was shut in somewhere. Hendrix stank when he got home too, how is Daisy coping? It took a few days for Jagger to reaccept Hendrix and he literally dismantled the cat flap the night we got Hendrix home, and I had to replace it. Hendrix wasn't bothered about going straight back out, but within a few days he snuck past me and I was terrified he'd go missing again!

If you can get Duke used to a collar again, I highly recommend pod trackers. We switched collars from the quick release to elasticated as both of mine used to get through collars like nobodies business but they haven't lost one since. There was no way I wanted to lose the collar with a pod attached just in case I couldn't find it again or was annoying to the neighbours needing to search their gardens!

We bought grooming wipes for Hendrix when we got him home as he stank so bad - and also used them on Jagger to get their scents the same.

Wishing you all the best for happy reintroductions! So happy for you xxx

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:36 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! This is amazing news!!! So thrilled for you, Tanja!

I like Tabitha's idea about the pod tracker.

Doing a happy dance :thumbup: :dance4: :celebrate: