[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - A 'is my cat a Bengal' post
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:53 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:11 am 
Bengal Kitten

Back in November I adopted Shiro, who was found outside with his mother and siblings, through a PetCo my sister manages that finds homes for shelter cats and dogs. At the time it was assumed he and his brother were just colorpoint shorthairs but as he's darkened up he's looking more like he could pass for a bengal (and a Bengal breeder my sister knows saying he looks like he could be a snow bengal).

https://imgur.com/gallery/oas5P

I'm just somewhat curious on other peoples opinions.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:17 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

He's very handsome. It's possible he is a mix, he does have some similarities with some of the Bengals here on the forum.

Clyde, Bleu & Coal - Great Danes

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:21 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

He looks alot like my Grace did when she was young. I got her and her assumed sister from a pet rescue service that obtained them and their flame point brother who did not make it from a kill shelter several states away. Personality wise they were not like any cat I had ever seen so I had Grace genetically tested at UC Davis Veterinary School and they classified her as a mixed breed seal lynx point with the charcoal gene. They kept getting darker and bigger and physically changing for a couple of years. Now they are soon to be three years old and I am guessing their colors have developed to maturity. I attached some photos of her over time.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:15 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

It is very possible there is some snow bengal in this gorgeous kitty! Congratulations and enjoy this beautiful baby.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:40 am 
Bengal Kitten

Thanks for the answers all. Yea our guess is that he'd just be a mix as from what the breeder said there hasn't been a single Bengal of hers that hasn't managed to escape at least once and the mother as far as we know is a 'tabby'. We'll find out this weekend on her though as she's being brought in for a checkup (she's far too feral to be adopted by anyone still from what we've been told). I'll definitely continue to enjoy his unique personality and the fact that our Golden seems to be his best friend.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:00 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I am nowhere as knowledgable as so many of the others on here, but I do see some Bengal in her. Especially her face and on her legs. My Star is a snow mink, and her spots are becoming darker as she matures.