It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:56 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Cheetoh breeding
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:55 am 
Bengal Kitten

Hey everyone!
I know this is a bengal cat forum but I haven't been able to find a cheetoh specific cat forum yet... maybe because it's a relatively new breed (bengal x oci cat) but I was wondering if anyone here has bred the cheetoh? I have an unspayed female and am looking to get her a mate as she is just going through her first heat). Love this breed! :biggrin:

Post subject: Re: Cheetoh breeding
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:01 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Welcome to our forum. This is really the first I've heard of this breed of cat. Who did you get your Cheetoh from? They should be able to point you in the right direction for a male. Just know that most females are not bred their first heat! Most breeders wait until the female is a year old! Know that breeding is not something to be taken casually. If you truly want to start a cattery, that is fine, but there is so much more than just mating two cats, having the female deliver kittens, and you sell them at 12 weeks.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:37 am 
Bengal Kitten

Thanks Sherry!

Appreciate the response. Rest assured I'm definitely not planning to mate her until her 2nd or 3rd heat. I've been breeding Rottweilers on my estate for years and definitely know about the work involved breeding such animals although this would be my first time breeding a cat. We do take the very best care of our animals and they receive ample amounts of care each day so I know we can handle the responsibilities both financially and physically.

If there are any other suggestions you or someone else might have for a 1st time but fully capable cat breeder I would very much appreciate it!

Have a great day :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:29 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Most breeders are happy to mentor a new breeder. We do have a breeder who posts regularly here -- Ontario Bengals, and maybe she can weigh in on things.