It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:38 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Newbie to Bengals
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:59 pm 
Offline
Asian Leopard Cat

Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 2:21 pm
Posts: 8009
What a stunning beauty!!!! You've have such gorgeous shots of her on the Facebook page.

Unfortunately, at a cat show, the judges must pick up the cat and hold it at different angles, stroke the cat, etc. You would want to attend a cat show without your kitty just to see what goes on, but if she does not like being handled, she may not do well. Biting or scratching the judges may deduct points. LOL


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Newbie to Bengals
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:47 am 
Offline
Bengal Kitten

Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:22 am
Posts: 21
Sherry wrote:
What a stunning beauty!!!! You've have such gorgeous shots of her on the Facebook page.

Unfortunately, at a cat show, the judges must pick up the cat and hold it at different angles, stroke the cat, etc. You would want to attend a cat show without your kitty just to see what goes on, but if she does not like being handled, she may not do well. Biting or scratching the judges may deduct points. LOL


Thank you, we think she's stunning too.

She doesn't mind being stroked and made a fuss of, but struggles to be put down if picked up. She doesn't bite or scratch though.

She's always jumping up onto someone's lap for cuddles :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Newbie to Bengals
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:19 pm 
Offline
Asian Leopard Cat

Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 2:21 pm
Posts: 8009
Mine hates to be picked up and held. I get about a millisecond and then he's fighting to be put down. It still may be worth your time to visit a nearby cat show and see what goes on and talk with the owners. I don't know how accessible the judges are. Having a champion show cat is wonderful. If they can become a supreme grand champion, that's great. However ... most breeders show to get the bloodlines show-quality by mating their champions. You can get more money for show quality kittens and it's great when the pedigree shows so many champions.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Newbie to Bengals
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:30 pm 
Offline
Bengal Kitten

Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:22 am
Posts: 21
Sherry wrote:
Mine hates to be picked up and held. I get about a millisecond and then he's fighting to be put down. It still may be worth your time to visit a nearby cat show and see what goes on and talk with the owners. I don't know how accessible the judges are. Having a champion show cat is wonderful. If they can become a supreme grand champion, that's great. However ... most breeders show to get the bloodlines show-quality by mating their champions. You can get more money for show quality kittens and it's great when the pedigree shows so many champions.


We'll have to visit a show and see what it's all about. Thanks for suggestions :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Newbie to Bengals
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:03 pm 
Offline
Asian Leopard Cat

Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 2:21 pm
Posts: 8009
Most breeders start to show as a kitten and before they begin breeding the cat. They want to get the CH, DGC, TGC, QGC and SGC before breeding the cat. (Champion, Double Champion, Triple, etc.). If a champion sires or gives birth to a certain number of other champions kits, they get the OS or OD for outstanding sire or dam in their title. There is also a world championship title as well if you compete internationally. There is truly a lot of learn about showing cats and it is difficult to get even Champion status. Know too that there is an Alter class for fixed kitties that puts an "A" after the CH and other titles.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Newbie to Bengals
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:27 pm 
Offline
Bengal Kitten

Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:22 am
Posts: 21
Sherry wrote:
Most breeders start to show as a kitten and before they begin breeding the cat. They want to get the CH, DGC, TGC, QGC and SGC before breeding the cat. (Champion, Double Champion, Triple, etc.). If a champion sires or gives birth to a certain number of other champions kits, they get the OS or OD for outstanding sire or dam in their title. There is also a world championship title as well if you compete internationally. There is truly a lot of learn about showing cats and it is difficult to get even Champion status. Know too that there is an Alter class for fixed kitties that puts an "A" after the CH and other titles.



Wow, sounds like a lot of dedication is needed!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Newbie to Bengals
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:57 pm 
Offline
Asian Leopard Cat

Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 2:21 pm
Posts: 8009
Dedication is indeed required. There is a lot of traveling involved, keeping the kitty in tip top shape. Your kitty must be comfortable in a cage being among other kitties. Just getting a ribbon is a big deal -- for the owner, not so much the cat. :biggrin: Entry fees, traveling, hotels, etc. can take a bite out of any budget.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Newbie to Bengals
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:59 pm 
Offline
Bengal Kitten

Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:43 pm
Posts: 6
As you probably know from all your research, Bengals are real houdinis (part of their charm) but I would seriously consider catproofing your garden - this can be done quite inexpensively and I recently found a great site: secure a cat. The lady called Roz is most helpful and friendly.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:18 pm 
Offline
Bengal Kitten

Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:22 am
Posts: 21
Its been a while since I posted. Been kept busy with our girl. Well, after constant mopping up her little puddles, and listening to her shrieking for a male most of the spring and summer, we finally had her mated when she was mature enough. It was a success and she had her first litter 6 weeks ago. We have four beautiful girls. They are keeping us busy, and their mum is a fabulous one. They are all thriving and bundles of fun. We have one kitten on reserve. But, still have yet to find suitable owners for the rest. We were hoping to keep a male for a playmate for our girl, but there wasn't one in this litter. We have heard that a mother and daughter are okay, but when mother becomes pregnant again she could turn against daughter. Has anyone heard of this happening? Or is it just dependent on relationship between mother and daughter?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Newbie to Bengals
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:42 pm 
Offline
Asian Leopard Cat

Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 2:21 pm
Posts: 8009
Congratulations on a successful litter. I checked out your Facebook page and saw all the gorgeous photos you have of the babies and Miisha. I was hoping to find her pedigreed name and didn't see it. I am compiling a database of bengals and f generations so I would need the pedigreed names of her parents as well. I'd love it if you could provide this information to me. Also, the pedigreed name of the sire for these pretty babies.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Newbie to Bengals
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:24 pm 
Offline
Bengal Kitten

Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:22 am
Posts: 21
Sherry wrote:
Congratulations on a successful litter. I checked out your Facebook page and saw all the gorgeous photos you have of the babies and Miisha. I was hoping to find her pedigreed name and didn't see it. I am compiling a database of bengals and f generations so I would need the pedigreed names of her parents as well. I'd love it if you could provide this information to me. Also, the pedigreed name of the sire for these pretty babies.


Her pedigree name is BellatorBengals Lady Miisha Lily
Her Sire is GEOLYNZ TITAN OF WIJLDESTOIRM
Dam is WIJLDESTOIRM GEISHA GIRL HOSHI

Sire of her litter is Wijldestoirm Bill Hiccup


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Newbie to Bengals
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:15 pm 
Offline
Asian Leopard Cat

Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 2:21 pm
Posts: 8009
I only have Wijldestoirm Zulu Of PureBengalsGB in my database and it is an UNK for both sex and F generation. I still have not started on the breeders' websites just yet. I appreciate the information and will add those kitties. I'll see if I can find out any information on them.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Newbie to Bengals
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:09 pm 
Offline
Bengal Kitten

Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:22 am
Posts: 21
Sherry wrote:
I only have Wijldestoirm Zulu Of PureBengalsGB in my database and it is an UNK for both sex and F generation. I still have not started on the breeders' websites just yet. I appreciate the information and will add those kitties. I'll see if I can find out any information on them.


Okay, thank you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Newbie to Bengals
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:57 am 
Offline
Asian Leopard Cat

Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 2:21 pm
Posts: 8009
Geolynz Titan Of WijldeStoirm is an F9. I cannot find any information on WijldeStoirm Geisha Girl or Bill Hiccup. If you, by chance, have a certified pedigree that would go back at least one more generation, that would be great.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Newbie to Bengals
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:23 pm 
Offline
Bengal Kitten

Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:22 am
Posts: 21
We are looking for a reputable stud owner who we can take our girl to. We had hoped that the previous stud owner we used at the recommendation (and was specified in our contract) of our former mentors who were their mentors and friends, that they would let us take our girl to their stud again, who she successfully mated with producing her first gorgeous litter, and after they had agreed back in December, but this was before communication with our mentor broke down, and they had said yes, but they've now changed their minds and said that because our girl is allowed access to outdoor secured enclosure, there is a risk that our cat could come into contact with roaming cats that may pass by, so doesn't want to take the risk of putting her studs at risk with cats that are allowed outdoor access. We have perspex all around the bottom of secure enclosure, which they love to sunbathe in. I don't allow them outside in it after dark though. They did hint that we could use our mentors new stud that they have very recently acquired, but due to no longer having any more contact with them, thats out of the question.

So, we need to find another stud owner that is reputable. If we don't manage to find a suitable one, we will have a girl who will be constantly calling, which won't be good for her. She was and still is a really great mother to her kittens. We decided to keep two of her girls from first litter, so now have three fantastic Bengals. If we don't find one we may have to have her neutered which is not what we had planned. We really don't want to have to get her neutered after just one litter. We've enjoyed breeding, and she's produced stunning kittens. We have given people chance to own a gorgeous Bengal. We have also got a waiting list for future kittens too.

Does anyone have any recommendations for Bengal Studs in the North Wales area or a bit further afield?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by meemonkey