[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Bengals... The new "danger" in our streets
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:52 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:55 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:56 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

I just read that in the Daily Heil as well, I've commented* and up-voted comments poking fun at the article.

* I had to stop giving Babbage tummy rubs to write the comment, I'll let you know if he licks my arm off in revenge.

Edit - this is the comment I made :-)

"A single miaow from a bengal cat can make a fully grown baby's head explode 10 yards away, even through a brick wall. Bengal kittens have secret lasers in their eyes and can burn down a fish and chip shop with a just by blinking at it. All true Daily Mail facts! Can I write for your rag ?"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:35 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Lol, love the answer, they do also lick you to death! And the head bumps are a killer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:45 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Cranberry - can you PLEASE STOP writing funny posts without a big warning. I have just spat milk and special K over my flipping keyboard :lol: I love the Daily Liar - it's my daily dose of fiction! If I did not read it how would I know that beer/ wine/chocolate/sex, can cure/cause cancer - depending on what edition you read!!!!! I now also know how dangerous bengals are and I will send Oscar on an Anger Management course straight away :lol:

PS Is it really true about the babies heads???? Must be is the Daily Mail says so :eek: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

UK
Oscar - Rescue (Rascal!!!) Bengal

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:56 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Mine are the terrorised cats in our road :rolleyes: :confused:

And according to that article, we are all anti-social :lol:

I must have been sold duff bengals as they seem to be the beaten up ones by the new moggie in the area and I've got them back on zylkene because of it.....

Bengals are only being singled out because they are distinctive looking cats - there are plenty of aggressive moggies out there too!!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:55 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

I always wanted a Terminator as a kid, so I've instructed Babbage to terminate The Daily Mail...

Things don't seem to be going to plan.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:12 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

My goodness you must live in daily terror of an attack from 'The Baggaginator' The Bengal Beast looks truly terrifying. He is obviously building up to a savage attack if that picture is anything to go by :wink:

UK
Oscar - Rescue (Rascal!!!) Bengal

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:19 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I shared this article on FB last night and my friends from Battlestar Galacticats posted three shots of Husker and her 4 month old in their daily snuggles. I, of course, shared Maxwell snuggling with my laundry and Faust's Zen-Cat pose. I didn't realize the Mail was so ridiculous, but hubs and I were dying laughing over the photo at the top of the online article. I've never seen that look on our boys. Usually because I'm being presented with a belly for rubs, a rump for patting, or the ever-popular pleading-baby-kitten-feed-me-i-love-you face.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:46 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

some kind of “Terminator” cat breed,’ ...LOL
Thanks for the chuckle this morning!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:14 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

You know you can always trust the media to print the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:48 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

It's all abit sad really isn't it, anyone that owns a bengal will know the truth.

I didn't realise I had a wild animal sleeping on my pillow with his head tucked under my chin.

And also my savage toilet roll unraveller
:laugh2: :rofl:

Bristol, UK

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:45 am 
Bengal Kitten

I have to admit that the Bengal Head Bumps were something I thought unique to my three Bengals until I started reading this forum. Thank you all for sharing your experiences. Bengals are truly special - I doubt I could ever have another type of cat again having had so MUCH FUN with my Bengals!!!!

John

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:15 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Members on the Facebook page, Bengals The Beautiful Cat, are posting pictures of their savage bengals. Those not familiar with the story are taking things a little seriously. One posted a picture of two bengals and two large dogs, stating shortly after the picture was taken, the bengals had vicously killed the dogs. These not knowing the story didn't realize they were joking! Probably not the best idea to try and fuel the fire. Bengal owners know the breed is domestic and sweet and not at all aggressive toward humans. I just don't want the story to get out of hand as it may jeopardize owning the breed.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:59 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Although I disagree with this article. I was struck with horror when I read that a Bengal flew through the house to attack a neighbours cat. I too have experienced this with my Bengal rescue cat of 2 years. When Trigger first came to live with us he too flew through a neighbours house to attack their elderly cat, to make matters worse the neighbour's cat was sat next to their 3 moth old baby ! Fortunately I have the most wonderful neighbor. We agreed that I would keep him in for a week and after that let him out only when we were home. It seems to have worked, but he still does sometimes misbehave, but more mischievous funny things ! I have asked my neighbor to inform if he is acting up, so we can reases what to do next. I think now he maybe the one that is being picked on by a big black moggie !
He is the most loving boy, but does have a very short fuse at times but he has improved over the years, with us showing him lots of love and understanding. He is a very complex character, but I believe we are living with his coping mechanism from his previous home. Bengal cats are the most wonderful cats but need the right environment. Our Trigger is the most needy cat he has us up at 3 for food and will cry so loud for attention and his attention seeking ways are 2nd to none. Friends and family are amazed at the lengths he will go to for attention ! No matter what he will have a home for life and we would do anything to help him with his issues. So, far from irresponsible and antisocial !!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:12 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Trigger, that IS scary, however, how does another cat get inside a neighbor's house except through an open cat door? The ONLY type of cat door I would have that leads to an open outdoor environment is one that is microchip activated. I've seen pictures of raccoons and skunks and possums inside homes with open cat doors. In fact, someone here locally who has a dog and an open doggie door discovered a strange german shephard in their bedroom one morning last week. I'm surprised their dog didn't bark up a storm.

We bengal owners know that bengals are not typical cats! But they aren't any more dangerous than any other domestic cat out there. Your situation could have happened with any cat. Thankfully, you have wonderful neighbors. Mine get upset when the outdoor cat I feed just lays on their front steps to sunbathe. Neither are cat lovers.