[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Registered cat names
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:02 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Registered cat names
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:12 pm 
Bengal Kitten

I have yet to register my boy with TICA I know its not as necessary being a house pet and not used for breeding but for the sake of a few pounds I'd like to do it.

Is there any specific template or any unwritten rule when giving them a registered name?

I can see from his family history the name tends to start with the cattery they were born what about the rest? I've seen some cats with four/five names.

Post subject: Re: Registered cat names
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:15 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Oh yes, the registration of pedigreed cat names. The name of the cartery is required and can never be changed. Your cat's pedigreed name has nothing to do with the name you call your kitty by. I'm doing a database of the F generations and some of the pedigreed names are absolutely crazy. How about Abracats Phoenicians Dream Of Dreamers Legacy or Alcat Mystic Miera Copper Penny. You can pretty much select any name you prefer. You can give your kitty a title like Sir, Prince, Princess, Lord, Baron, Baroness, Duke, Duchess, or whatever. You can even name your kitty after a famous person (like Bellarista Brad Pitt). Or, your kitty can have a simple name like Peter, George, Crystal. It's really up to you. This is simply the name that will be on the pedigree of your cat. Your cat may never know what its pedigreed name is because you may call the cat by a totally different name. Even if you are not planning to breed, it's good to have the pedigree at least END with your kitty.

And I'd love to add to my database once you decide. The registration papers should list the name of the parents of the cat. You may even be able to order a 3 to 5 generation pedigree that will list the grand parents through the great great grandparents. It can be very interesting to see how much inbreeding went into the last generations and all the championship cats in the pedigree.

You don't have to make this a difficult decision. I registered my bengal when I got him and he was six years old and had never been registered. I kept his name Raiden and just added "Prince" in front of it, so he is Belladonna Prince Raiden. Just note that no two cats can have the same exact name with the cattery, which is why most forms ask for an alternate name.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:28 pm 
Bengal Kitten

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:39 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I think the name you have selected is a good one. If you're happy with it, go with it. His father is an F10. I do not have Andina Sydney in my database (I do have over 32,000 bengals in it). However, I have found her and will need to research her mother Jayuzuri Starsmia. I just did a quick google search and only find her listed on the Andina website, so if you can tell me the parents of Jayuzuri Starmia, I can add them to the database and determine the F generation of your baby.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:27 pm 
Bengal Kitten

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:02 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I appreciate the information. Andina Sydney is an F9, so your baby is going to be an F10. I have added the missing kitties to my database. I wish you many, many happy years with Coyu.

And just because I find it so fascinating. Here is the ALC that is the closest link to Coyu. Baghera-Segura Khan Of Kent.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:39 pm 
Bengal Kitten

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:05 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I already added your baby to my database! I'm sure the early ALC's were not happy in captivity. They are not domesticated cats by any means. There are few pictures of the early ones that started the bengal breed. It's fascinating because they have not been around for hundreds of years like some breeds. It's only been about 30 years or so for the bengal.

Trust me ... your Coyu will be the ONLY kitty with that registered name.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:09 pm 
Bengal Kitten

I'm excited to name my little one 'officially'. I'm submitting the paperwork soon. How would I know if I'm naming her a duplicate name?

Her dam's name is Jewelspride Athena (Canada) and her Sire is Lynx-land Helios of Jewelspride (Czech Republic).

Her name will be registered as Jewelspride Echo.

If her Sire is an F6, what generation does it make my little one

Take care,

Andrea

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:18 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I have ONE JewelsPride cat in my database: MajesticPride Phoenix Of JewelsPride who is an F7. I did check their website and they do not list the parents of any of their breeding queens or sires. The F generation of your cat is the lower F generation of either parent plus one. If the sire is an F6 and the dam is an F9, your baby would be an F7. If the sire is an F6 and the dam is an F5, your baby would be an F6. You may be able to get a pedigree from your breeder that will show the grandparents. I will go back to their website and pull their cats and add them as "unknowns" if I can't find their F generation. If I find anything else out, I will let you know. And if you can get a pedigree, I can probably figure them all out.

Since JewelsPride seems to be a small cattery, I'm sure there is not another bengal named "Echo." I'm sure if there is one, they will let you know and you can select a different name, but you should be okay.

Amazing that I have over 33,300 bengals and am missing so many.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:15 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I tried to do some research today. I can find no verification that Lynxland Helios Of JewelsPride is an F6. Their website simply states he is. As for JewelsPride Athena, she has several unknowns -- her mother MajesticPride Pharrah and her grandam on the sire side Lynxland Salome is another unknown. Based on the known cats, JewelsPride Athena is an F9. If Helios is truly an F6, your Echo would be an F7. I did see pictures of Echo and your daughter on their website. If you get a full pedigree, let me know.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:56 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Hi Sherry, thank you for the replies :)

I was just sent the registration information for Echo today and I sent in the forms to TICA with a request for the 5 generation pedigree. I will happily pass along the information if you would like to update your database when I receive the response from TICA.

Echo is 16 weeks old and a little darling. There are many pictures of her posted on the cattery website and Facebook page. This was Helios' first litter with them.

I will be interested to see what the pedigree says. I am going on the assumption Echo is an F7 at this point. Considered she's spayed and just a (lovely) family pet it is more of a curiosity for me. The breeder from the cattery has been wonderful and very supportive. I should have asked more questions regarding her pedigree at the time of her adoption. Echo came to us at 13.5 weeks very socialized and with a dream personality.

My little lap leopard officially soon to be TICA registered as Jewelspride Echo

Andrea

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:35 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I would love a copy of the pedigree. You can post it here or send it to me in a Private Message. That will allow me to tell you for certain what F generation your Echo is. She is such a gorgeous baby! So happy she has fit in with your family so well. Know that TICA is pretty fast and you should have the info within 3 weeks.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:18 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Beautiful kitty and great photo!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:38 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Ooooh! She's a little stunner....stunner....stunner.

That phrase is going to be Echo-ing for a long time! lol xx