[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Is my cat a bengal ?
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:40 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Is my cat a bengal ?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:51 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/11 ... ire-field/

Post subject: Re: Is my cat a bengal ?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:02 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

ha! Someone posted on one of our neighborhood group sites that they saw a "wild cat" roaming their street turned out to be their neighbor's Bengal! Where I live I wouldn't let my cats out (not only the risk of cars, but bobcats, and coyote) but apparently this neighbor who is a few blocks from me lets his Bengal out every day.

Clyde, Bleu & Coal - Great Danes

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:36 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Perhaps I should make clear for those not from the UK - you often get a "sighting" of a big cat in the UK, though there aren't any native wild cats at all.

Generally it is a mis-identification of a particularly large/fluffy moggie. There was a case a couple of years ago where the police had a helicopter searching and had brought in armed police to search the woods for a lion - it was found to be a big ginger maine coon. The owener watched the news with tthe scary big cat footage, looked at tiddles laid out on the rug in front of the fire then called the police.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:44 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Haha! Yes, in Uk no native wild cats apart from Scotland I think where there are a few small wild cats still?????? Not sure though. There are sometimes sightings of supposed escaped pumas from zoos etc. Just love the names they give them......like The Beast of Bodmin Moor :lol:

UK
Oscar - Rescue (Rascal!!!) Bengal

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:28 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I recall an article about a savannah which had escaped from the owner and "terrorized" the neighborhood. Unfortunately, it was shot and killed because people were so misinformed. There are male bengals that weigh 30 pounds. It's just sad -- so how do we train people? I swore Raiden was a bobcat when I first saw him as we had sightings in our neighborhood. The vast majority of people have never seen a bengal in person or even a savannah -- and a savannah is a very large cat.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:23 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

The chances of it getting shot/coming to harm in the UK are very slight - that would end a police marksman's career, likewise for any one with a ( rare ) firearms license - they are only permitted to shoot on a specific piece of ground and it is a criminal offence for the bullet to leave that ground. Shooting someone's pet cat would mean that they'd lose their licence.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:17 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I don't even know if the veterinarian who killed a cat with a bow and arrow and posted the trophy on Facebook ever lost her license. If she didn't, I would make sure nobody took their cat to her for treatment.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:20 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I actually recently saw a follow up on her Sherry and I believe she temporarily lost her license. Still disgusting to me that they would ever let her practice again after the way she flaunted the poor dead cat all over FaceBook :evil:

Clyde, Bleu & Coal - Great Danes