It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:28 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Oldest Bengal cat?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:38 pm 
Bengal Kitten

You're welcome. I feel the same as both of you. I loved them all. And they all live still in my heart.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:16 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Thank you very much Glamormom and spitspot for sharing your incite about dealing with the grief. You both put it eloquently.

And apologies for getting the age wrong, indeed it was 24 years and 3 months. You are very lucky indeed.

Thank you again. I too would say that Sappho and I shared one of the most incredible connections of my life. She "communicated" with me and even made up a sound (aka "name"?) for me. She would talk to me every day and she was the best leash walker I have known including the dogs that I have had.

I like what you said about "honoring them" - I am just about finished with the book I wrote to do just that, honor Sappho and the relationship we shared.

Thank you,
-John

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:33 pm 
Bengal Kitten

You're welcome John. Good luck with your book. I'd love to know when you publish it

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:47 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Glamormom,

I will publish the book in early 2017 and I already have the ISBN numbers (for online and printed books).

I will let this forum know a little earlier because I feel that many in this forum might enjoy taking a read before I publish it. And I certainly would enjoy getting feedback from Bengal owners.

Thanks again,
-John

PS To: Fenstar
I really love the photo you have of your Bengal for your forum user name icon. That kitty looks very similar to my Sappho. If you could post or send me a higher resolution version of that image I would appreciate that very much. I find looking at Bengal photos to ALWAYS be a pleasing experience.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:02 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I know that my kitties always become a true family member and are treated more like children than pets. It is just so sad that in almost all cases, we have to let them go because they simply do not have the longevity of a human. We all grieve differently and I still miss my Miss Kitty who was 17 when she left this world due to kidney failure. Yes, I now have a 9-year old bengal ... and I'm sure I will outlive him as well.

I love books on kitties and especially ones that are written from heartfelt grief.