It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:31 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:05 am 
Bengal Kitten

This is Ziggy Stardust! His mother is a Maine coon and his father is a Bengal. He is 6 months old. I have never been peed on by a cat before but he has done this! What could cause him to do this???

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:21 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Well, you stated in your introduction post that he gets upset if you leave him overnight. That could be one thing. Most kitties pee outside the litter box due to stress and it may stress him out that you are not there. Maine Coons are very laid back kitties, while a bengal is a bundle of energy. They are two very conflicting breeds, which is why you don't see many cross breeds of the two. Both breeds are very sweet cats, but a Maine Coon will never have the energy to keep up with a bengal. I just find it odd that one would cross breed these two breeds.

Have you taken Ziggy to the vet to be checked out just to make sure nothing is wrong? The type of litter box and litter can be problematic as well. Some cats love hooded boxes, others do not. If he uses the litter box most of the time, make sure the waste is cleaned immediately. Bengals love a clean box. If need be, add another litter box, but try and figure out what is going on around him when he does this! I've never had a cat pee on me and I'm sure it is not pleasant.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:02 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Was he standing when he pee'd or did he sit down?
Usually standing up/backing up is marking territory.
As Sherry said, stress can be a big cause of inappropriate urination, however it's worth getting your cat checked in case it's a UTI or bladder issue.