[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Pearl has diahorea
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:02 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Pearl has diahorea
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:26 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I know it's a totally random question but Pearl has the diahorea today, I just wondered if my new air freshener could have affected her in some way, it's one of those that puffs out fragrance every 30 minutes.

It may be just coincidence that I only got the air freshener yesterday.

Bristol, UK

Post subject: Re: Pearl has diahorea
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:09 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:22 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I use similar air fresheners that have had zero effect on Raiden. One is on my nightstand and he loves to walk right in front of it and I'm scared it will spray him. I only turn it on at night. I don't think a smell is going to cause digestive upset -- so it's something else. Could be a simple as a bug (viral or literal) that Pearl caught -- but if it continues, I'd take her to the vet if she isn't better in 48 hours.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:31 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Thanks Sherry that has put my mind at rest about the air freshener.

She has been once today and it's still runny but firming up a bit, the only other thing I can think is about a week ago I bought the same brand of food they eat but a chunky version they don't normally have, but I would have thought she would have had symptoms sooner if it was that.

I am probably worrying too much but after having a cat with serious IBD anything like this worries me to death, as I don't want to ever go through that again.

She is her normal nutty self eating and playing, running round like a looney.

Bristol, UK

Post subject: Re: Pearl has diaho
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:37 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Only thing I could see an airfreshner doing is stressing her out a bit or maybe scaring her with the puff and that could cause a tummy issue. More likely she's picked up a big or eaten something, unless she's really refusing to be in the same room as it. I do use scented candles (well wax tarts in an electric melter I never like having open flames around cats ) and mine don't tend to mind it Arya for some reason likes going over and sniffing some of the food and fruit scented ones :lol: She's a weird little cat.

If it's just mild and Thankfully atm we can actually get pumpkin in the UK easily, I found you just buy a small one remove the seeds, peel it, chunk it, boil for around 20 minutes until soft and then use a potato masher on it the put a teaspoon in her food as I can't for the life of me find canned over here at all, I have been told you can use the method I said above and use butternut squash instead. See if that helps within 24 hours if not take her to the vets as it could be something else.

- Sarah
Arya 24/04/16 - Seal Lynx Point Rosetted Bengal
Griffith 16/04/16 - Silver Seal Lynx Point Rosetted Bengal
Mina (in my avatar)- 1999-2016 - Seal Mink Spotted Bengal (Snow) - run free at rainbow bridge

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:01 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

The air freshener did make her jump a few times but she got used to that, I have switched it off for now.

Other than this problem she is normal in every way.

I do use candles in the winter I bought one of those lantern type things you put the candle in and shut the little door, Magic likes to sniff the top of it when it is lit, but I never leave it in the room unsupervised.

I will see how she is tomorrow, as I said she has only been once today so fingers crossed.

Bristol, UK

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:35 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I'm hoping she just ate something like a bug, my previous girl Mina ate a wasp before and it gave her a bad tummy for a day or so. Otherwise it could be the weather changes, at least here in Surrey we had a couple of storms last night which upset Griffith, or sometimes they can just have an off day.

Lol Arya loves Yankee candles I may need to take a photo of her at some point helping me pick out which one to use next, she likes to help me.

- Sarah
Arya 24/04/16 - Seal Lynx Point Rosetted Bengal
Griffith 16/04/16 - Silver Seal Lynx Point Rosetted Bengal
Mina (in my avatar)- 1999-2016 - Seal Mink Spotted Bengal (Snow) - run free at rainbow bridge

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:14 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I don't think she could have eaten anything as they don't go outside.

Fingers crossed she will improve.

Bristol, UK

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:53 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Raiden can eat bugs inside and outside of my house! I'd give anything to not have them flying inside when the door is open or crawling in through the tiniest of holes. Raiden loved catching the flying bugs during the summer and eat them. YUK!

Anyway, hope Pearl is better today.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:28 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Pearl was fine yesterday but this morning she had the diarrhoea again, have an appointment this afternoon at the vets to get her checked out.

Hopefully some meds grill sort it out.

Bristol, UK

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:35 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hopefully it's nothing serious and the vet can give you some medication to help Pearl along.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:42 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Just got back from vets, they are not too worried about her, have put her on a bland diet for a while with royal canin gastrointestinal dry food, hopefully things will get back to normal soon.

She screamed all the way over there and back, Magic is now having a hissy because she smells funny.

Bristol, UK

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:39 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Amazing how sensitive cat's sense of smell is! Magic could definitely smell another person's hands on Pearl! Hopefully, she will get better with the diet.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:12 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Yay, Pearl seems to have got over her tummy troubles and everything is how it should be.

Panic over. :celebrate:

Bristol, UK