It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:05 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: litter boxes?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:32 pm 
Bengal Cat

In a hall bathroom I put a litter box below a sink & just took off the cabinet door. Or I suppose you could figure out a way to keep it propped open.

Snow Lynx "Jing-Li"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:59 am 
Bengal Kitten

I use just one litter box for my two cats, but it is an electronic litter box so it cleans itself automatically every five minutes. All the cat waste is swept under a closed off portion of the litter box so the cats no longer see the waste and the rest of the litter box that they use is fresh and clean. It smells much better than my last non-electronic litter box. I took the top off because my cats were avoiding the litter box with the top on, but now they are completely comfortable with the electronic litter box.

I still clean the whole litter box (which involves just taking out the litter tray with the covered waste) once a week, which is what the litter box company recommends for two cats.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:19 am 
Senior Bengal

catfriend wrote:
I use just one litter box for my two cats, but it is an electronic litter box so it cleans itself automatically every five minutes. All the cat waste is swept under a closed off portion of the litter box so the cats no longer see the waste and the rest of the litter box that they use is fresh and clean. It smells much better than my last non-electronic litter box. I took the top off because my cats were avoiding the litter box with the top on, but now they are completely comfortable with the electronic litter box.

I still clean the whole litter box (which involves just taking out the litter tray with the covered waste) once a week, which is what the litter box company recommends for two cats.

What brand is yours? How long have you had it? I've heard of a lot of those breaking early on and weren't worth it. The lady at the pet store even steered me away. But I had originally wanted to get one.

I currently use the breeze litter boxes which are much nicer than the regular litter since it doesn't track everywhere

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:21 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Kihtay wrote:
catfriend wrote:

What brand is yours? How long have you had it? I've heard of a lot of those breaking early on and weren't worth it. The lady at the pet store even steered me away. But I had originally wanted to get one.

I currently use the breeze litter boxes which are much nicer than the regular litter since it doesn't track everywhere

This is what I bought off of smile.amazon.com ScoopFree Ultra Self Cleaning Litter Box - Purple. I took the hood off because my cats would not use the litter box with the hood on. Otherwise, I have owned it for 8 months and it has not had problems so far. When you buy this litter box you also have to buy ScoopFree Litter Tray Refills with Premium Blue Crystals - Pack of 6 its special litter trays because this litter box doesn't use regular litter. The company recommends cleaning the litter box once every two weeks for one cat, and once every one week for two cats.