It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:30 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:25 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Are we really supposed to believe your baby retrieved a business card for you? :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: Since you were in bed, I think you were dreaming. LOL.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:21 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Sherry wrote:
Are we really supposed to believe your baby retrieved a business card for you? :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: Since you were in bed, I think you were dreaming. LOL.

I know right?
Pure comedy.

The card is still sitting there on my bedside table...

Unfortunately that guy doesn't fix phone screens - nice try though, kitty.

Attachment:
fotor_.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:39 am 
Bengal Kitten

Sherry wrote:
Catfriend, the litter box issue is a problem and yelling at a cat won't do any good. You must find the reason this is happening. Either it's the wrong type of litter box (open versus hooded), type of litter -- you may want to change that. Add another litter box to the mix and take a look around and see if anything has changed in the cat's environment. New outdoor cat in the area? More stress inside the home? If you can rule out something medical -- such as a urinary tract infection or crystals in the urine, then it's more than likely stress causing this. When you yell at the kitty, the kitty certainly doesn't want to use the litter box then. There is a lot of great information online. Google it.

I switched to an electronic litter box, so now the litter box waste is swept up automatically every 5 minutes. It is very clean. I took off the hooded top so the cats don't feel trapped when they use the litter box. They started off avoiding the new electronic litter box when it had the top. I have switched litter boxes and cat litter types, but the older cat still pees outside the litter box regardless. My younger cat is very good and always uses the litter box. I did already check with the vet whether Jezebel (the older Bengal) had health problems that might lead her to pee outside the litter box, but the vet gave her a clean bill of health. I am not mean to my older cat, Jezebel, when I yell at her. I just say, "No! Bad Kitty!!" and sometimes I bop her on the behind. I normally pet her all the time and tell her she's a "good kitty," so she knows I love her. I just highlight this one type of her behavior for criticism. She can handle the criticism. She's a capable cat. And, frankly, my criticism hasn't stopped her yet.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:45 am 
Bengal Kitten

/BengalBuddy/ wrote:
catfriend wrote:
The older Bengal likes to play fetch, and she will run after and return to me a q-tip or piece of paper that I throw. We keep playing fetch multiple times.

Relentless fetchers! Mine now retrieves:

- Cat wands,
- Felt tip pens (his favourite - it's the sound I think),
- Pencils (which I keep away from him now because they splinter),
- Shuttlecocks (really fun because of the way they roll around when he tries to grab them)

Sometimes he's restless in the morning and he wakes me up by presenting these items to me in bed and staring at me longingly,
and we do an early morning fetch session.
I think I have identified a particular call of his that means 'let's play!'

A funny thing happened earlier today:
I smashed my phone screen by knocking it off my bedside shelf when I woke up,
kitty ran out the room and fetched me a business card of someone that fixes computers and stuff!

Unbelievable - I hope that was random coincidence, if not.. colour me scared lol

Incidentally, there is no beating this fetch video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hd3x91iD9Uk

I love when Jezebel, my older Bengal, likes to play fetch! She has done it less and less since I got the new kitten (one year old now so more of an old kitten). Jezebel is probably too busy keeping up with the younger cat's running and playing to get distracted with fetching q-tips anymore.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:57 pm 
Bengal Kitten

my bengal cat wakes me up every single morning by bringing me stuff in bed now.

totally routine to wake up to an expectant cat sitting amongst 3 shuttlecocks. every. day.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:24 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

:lol: you're his kitten and he's feeding you bless him, as he can't find mice or birds I'm guessing the shuttlecocks are the next best thing. It means he's looking after you be honoured.

Griffith 16/04/16 - Silver Seal Lynx Point Rosetted Bengal
Mina (in my avatar)- 1999-2016 - Seal Mink Spotted Bengal (Snow) - run free at rainbow bridge

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:41 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I had to look up what shuttlecocks are. LOL. I'm sure cats love them.

Cat Friend, how old is your older cat? I wish I could wave a magic wand and have the peeing issue resolved, but it's something that has to be done on your end and it's honestly thinking like a cat, trying to figure out what is causing this.