It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:03 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus :(
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:33 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Hi
Can anyone tell me if these boards are out of action as I've been posting but seen no action on here for ages and I'm desperate to get some advice about neutering issue
Thanks
Maryann

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:14 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I usually reply to each and every post here. If I've missed something it's because I didn't catch it. Please post your question again and I will reply. Note this forum has a lot of members, but few post regularly. We always try to help and answer any questions. I am so very sorry if I didn't see yours.

I'm editing this to say, Maryann, you have posted four times -- all in this topic. If you posted anything about neutering, it has not posted to the forum. Feel free to start a new topic and ask the question or questions you want to ask.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:53 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Hi sherry
Thank you so much if you don't mind I wanted to get some peoples options on neutering my male cat Charlie he's 10 mnths old and has had Coronavirus since we had him as a small kitten we have been holding off neutering him due to the virus that's what the vet advised his first titre level was 160 3 mnths ago it was 320 all other blood tests are normal he's growing well eating great he's like a normal little cat bless him he still has a little loose stool now and then and slight watery eye we want to neuter him cos he's getting bigger now and we have been fortunate so far as he hasn't started spraying yet and we have a lot of strays in our back yard coming and going and I know he's starting to sense them so it must be frustrating for him too. We wish we would have just neutered him when his level was at 160 because the thing is sometimes they never even clear the Coronavirus and he will need to be neutered at some point we don't want to do anything that can cause hin f I p but him not being neutered is not good for him either it would be really helpful to get others opinions on what you would do in this situation
Many thanks
Maryann

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:54 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Sorry I meant opinions not options

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:29 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Maryann, I am not a vet tech or an expert when it comes to the coronavirus. I would bow to the expertise of your vet. However, I do feel it is important to have a male neutered! You have been lucky he has not started spraying. It's very difficult to stop once it starts, even if they have been neutered. Mine was neutered at 12 weeks and still marks.

I don't understand the numbers -- you just have to figure out the pros and cons of going ahead with neutering. You've obviously read through this particular topic. I think all you can do is keep track of the numbers and get your baby neutered when it's safe to do so, according to your vet. Know that stray cats outside your home can be a huge issue with an intact tom cat. They are probably not neutered as well.

I'm sure there is a lot of information on the internet, too. All I can say is hang in there and hope Charlie's numbers go down so he can be fixed.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:07 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Thanks sherry
It's hard isn't it if something goes wrong we will blame ourselves and we really love this little guy, yes the toms in my back yard spray and howl for the females so that's not good for him either I've always had female cats this is our first boy he's so georgous but I'm really scared that he will start to spray he was a little rescue kitty I volunteer for cat protection and want to get him a friend cos even though I'm home with him it would be nice for him to have a playmate . We will have to seriously consider neutering him and hoping he's fine .
Thanks again for your help
Best wishes
Maryann

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:07 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Hi laurel I don't know if you are still on these boards but I just wanted to ask how did it all turn out with your kitties having Coronavirus are they ok now ? I'm in London also a d my boy has it he's 10 mnths old and has had it since I first got him as a kitten
Maryann

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:00 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Hi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:09 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Hi sherry I wanted to come back and give you an update on our Charlie concerning the coronavirus, and wanted to share Charlie's story with you all on the forums who have a cat with coronavirus , as you may know Charlie had been diagnosed with the virus 10 months ago during all this time he would have loose stools, severe gas, sneezing, slightly runny eyes and rarely a it of vomiting he was having periodic blood tests to check his antibody titre level his Coronavirus levels were at 160 then in April went to 320 we were frantic so scared that he was going to get f I p we were advised not to neuter him or vaccinate him so his body would not be put under any stress so we followed the vets advice . Well here's the great news now we took him for his check up and blood tests ( aaaahh hate them) to see where his levels are and we have had some fabulous news he has cleared the coronavirus his results came back as zero he no longer has it his immune system has fought it off I really wanted to come Back here and share that with you hoping it will give you hope that your kitties can beat it, we were worried sick we couldnt even function properly because every time we read about coronavirus it always seemed like the end result would be f I p so I'm glad I can show that there are positive outcomes. I would like to thank sherry for all her advice and kindness and also thank you to socalprincess for replying to me and being so helpful I wish all your kitties good health and if I can be of help to anyone please feel free to ask me anything you like I will continue to check in on these forums . By the way I was using a special litter and disinfectant for Charlie let me know if anyone would like more info on this.
Best wishes
Maryann x

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:18 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

When I had my first bengal boy, he came down with terrible vomiting which I was told by my vet was coronavirus, he has a course of antibiotics and it was cleared up, she told me all cats have it in them but only a few actually have any symptoms.

Bristol, UK

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:17 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Maryann, this is wonderful news! Has he been neutered now? I know this was a huge worry for you and he's beaten the odds!!! Thanks for the great update.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:40 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Thanks sherry
We just got the results recently but getting him neutered is our priority now and vaccinated, we held off on the neutering whilst he had the virus I'm glad we can do it now before he starts spraying and we are going to get him a little companion when that's done I will let you know how it goes. We feel like a weight has been lifted off us that was an awful experience.
Thanks again sherry
Best wishes
Maryann x

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:32 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

That's great news! :thumbup:

Clyde, Bleu & Coal - Great Danes

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:12 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Thank you Donna yes we are thrilled to bits.
Best wishes
Maryann x

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:20 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Maryann, are you sure you want to get another bengal? I truly hope things go better with a second one. I know bengals love buddies -- but yours has been through a lot! Hoping all works out for you.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next