It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:39 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:44 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Hi!

My bengal has pretty much destroyed his cat tree now and I need a replacement, any help on which one to buy without breaking the bank?

Any advice appreciated

Thanks! :biggrin:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:57 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Try Armarkat, I've had mine for 11 years now, 3 bengals later it's still going strong.

Bristol, UK

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:37 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Clare&magic wrote:
Try Armarkat, I've had mine for 11 years now, 3 bengals later it's still going strong.

Thanks, although I'm in the UK and I don't think they ship here :(

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:01 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Yes they do, I am in the UK also, they have them on Amazon UK, plus you can go to Armarkat UK.

Bristol, UK

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:38 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Petfun make *very* sturdy cat trees - http://shop.petfun.de/en/

They are based in Germany, but are very good at sending stuff to the UK/elsewhere in Europe. Your cat will never break their stuff - the poles are made of solid wood, everything is well thought out and designed to last.

I've had 3 trees from them, a Joy, an Emma and one they don't make anymore. All are well loved by my monsters little darlings. All of them still look brand new. They are not cheap, but they are good value - think about how quickly a cheap tree starts to look tatty and needs replacing then think that a Petfun tree in a house full of bengals will look good for many, many years and will never break.

A few hints/tips:

Don't go for the extra strong poles unless the tree is for a pride of fully grown lions - the standard poles are more than strong enough for any bengal.

Get the wood stained, either by Petfun themselves or do it yourself before you put the tree up - this isn't necessary, I've only done it after 2 years of having my trees and they still look like new without it, but it does bring out the grain of the wood and make wiping anything up that little bit easier.

If you have solid ceilings then the ceiling mounted trees are very stable - basically you tighen a nut at the top which clamps the tree to the ceiling.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:12 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Thanks both :biggrin:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:32 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Attachment:
DSC_0159-1.jpg
Here is a picture of mine, it's also extremely strong, as I said I've had it for 11 years and gone through 3 bengals.

It good solid wood, nothing has broken on it over the years.

It's floor to ceiling one.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bristol, UK

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:23 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I have three different brands of cat trees. Molly and Friends makes the BEST and sturdiest trees, however, they are VERY expensive. I chose a 36" one for Raiden. I also have one from North American that is a piece of crap. It tipped over every time Raiden hopped on or off so had to put a larger square of plywood under the base so it didn't. The Armakat tree is Raiden's favorite. It was the cheapest of all the trees. Very well made and they have many to choose from. I needed a smaller footprint as I have shorter windowless walls. Amazon in the UK will have a great selection at great prices. The space you have available will determine the size of tree you can get. Know that the kitties are not usually particular. :biggrin: