[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Hi from Cinnabun - new here!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:01 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:06 am 
Bengal Kitten

Hi,

I am Cinnabun's mom. Cinnabun is a beautiful snow mink Bengal, who was a queen for a breeder, and featured in Bengals Illustrated. She is 8 years old. We adopted her when she "retired" and needed a home, in March 2014.

She is very different from any other cats I've had. There are wonderful things that I find fascinating and there are things we are still working on. But we love her and want to give her the best "retirement home" we can.

I'll likely post more later. Great to "meet" other Bengal owners and I look forward to chatting!

Kristen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:05 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Welcome! We would love to see some photos of your kitty.A snow mink, I bet she is pretty.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:54 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Yes, here are a couple pictures of Cinnabun! :smile:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:25 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Oh she is beautiful! I love her big round eyes and mask. Cinnabon is a perfect name for her too. It really goes with her coat. I can even see glitter in the photo. She must have made pretty kittens.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:48 am 
Bengal Kitten

Yes, she is glittered. I'm always disappointed that it doesn't look as brilliant in the pictures!

I'm not sure how many litters she had, but the breeder told me that she never gave a snow mink kitten. Her parents are both regular brown Bengals, too. It seems she is a rare girl with recessive genes. :smile:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:19 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

She's gorgeous and her name suits her as she's good enough to eat.

Bristol, UK

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:48 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Lol, yes, she sure does look like a cinnamon roll! :biggrin:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:59 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Welcome to our great forum, Kristen! Cinnabun is stunning! Thank you for giving her a great home. Bengals are not like your regular cat and Cinnabun will never be a regular cat. She is a bengal and they are unique in personality, energy, and vocalizing. I know you will work everything out with her -- unfortunately, it's usually the human that has to adjust to the change -- and not the other way around.

We are here if you have any questions.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:42 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Thanks, Sherry!

Yes, I *love* Cinnabun's personality and that she "talks" a lot. I've even come to recognize what she wants by the way she "meows." I enjoy her following me around like a dog.

I was prepared to have a more hyper-active cat when we adopted her. But she really isn't into climbing, running, or playing for very long. When we first got her, we lived in a home with a living room that had very high vaulted ceilings. I installed shelves so she could jump onto the fireplace mantel, then up and up, to a landing that looked out of the highest windows. She didn't use it on her own, and even looked scared of heights! I thought it would be a Bengal's paradise, but I guess not for her.

We have a harness and leash to walk her. She likes going outside for a bit, but she hasn't adjusted yet to wearing the harness. She crouches down like someone is pushing on her back, and tiptoes around.

She's come a long way since we got her in the area of affection. She's very friendly, but she's definitely not a "lap cat," and doesn't usually even come up on beds or lay near anyone. If she does come up on furniture with us, and we move a muscle, she's gone. I wonder if that's the result of being kept as a breeder for the first part of her life. She likes to nap in her carrier, which I assume is from being kept in a cage or confined area. I've resigned myself to accepting that she isn't the most cuddly type, but she gives love in other ways.

The main areas we're working on is that she has a *very* sensitive stomach, and also, we've gone through times where she pees somewhere other than the litter box. I now have two boxes set up for her, so hoping that helps.

She's my little buddy and I'm trying to give her the best possible life as a pet. :smile:

Kristen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:11 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

It's great you are giving her a home and she is now retired and allowed to be a pet. I imagine she was not handled all that much and communicated more with her babies rather than humans. Her new life must be an adjustment for her, but cats are always changing and can adapt after a short period of time. You sound patient and it is good you are letting her settle in at her own pace. One of my cats is very cuddly and sleeps with me in bed (in my arms) and naps with my in the living room when I watch TV. This doesn't come naturally to her sister who is very jumpy and high spirited, but she watches us and is jealous. I can tell they fight because of it. Lately she has been jumping up on the chair I sit in when watching TV so I can pet and brush her! It took her a long time to trust me enough to do this so I am thrilled.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:56 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Breeding queens usually do not have a normal "pet" life. So, this is a change for her. Given enough time, I think she will come around. She probably did not have access to climb high. Many breeders limit the amount of space their queens can access. What is important is that Cinnabun now has a wonderful home and a human who absolutely adores her. She is absolutely beautiful and I'm sure her kittens were as well.