[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Cat wheel
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:26 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Cat wheel
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:06 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

So my little beasts have been a bit unruly and agressive to each other recently and I have just spent a pretty penny on new stuff in an attempt to distract them. The one thing I would love for them to have though to burn off some energy is a cat wheel. Can not for the life of me find one in the UK though. Discovered one from overseas that was £300 pounds plus p&p, but tbh I would prefer something that is less like a mortgage! Any suggestions?

Post subject: Re: Cat wheel
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:17 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

The behaviourist told me 'to keep them busy'. I am still searching for the ultimate toy that will occupy them and they don't get bored off!

I bought a puzzle treat maze recently as I thought that would keep Hendrix busy as he is always begging for treats. But he just shouted at it in frustration lol I'm going to spend time with him helping him understand it. Tbh I didn't find it that easy to get the treats back out either but hopefully eventually the reward will motivate him and it will keep him busy!

Jagger isn't so food motivated though and only seems to like toys that scoot along the floor so I'm still trying to find something to occupy him.

Not sure my two would use a cat wheel and I imagine they would take up a lot of room!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:14 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Haha! I love that you struggled to get them out as well! After the episode the other day I went online and bought them allsorts of stuff, just thinking that if they were distracted it would be less likely to happen again. Im hoping there arent any ownwership disputes! Its reassuring to hear your behavioust recommended keeping them busy

I know exactly what you mean with the cat wheel, i have no idea if mine will use it either, but I have a space that one would nicely fit into so Im gunna give it a go. Well, if I can manage to locate one that isnt daylight robbery!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:32 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

I have yet to find "THE TOY" it doesn't matter what I buy they either won't play with it or play with it for a couple of days and go off it.

The ones Pearl likes the best is one called cheese chase 3 in 1 toy and 3 layers pet toy intelligence crazy play tray from Amazon.

Another they both like is boxes from catFurnature.co.uk, they are boxes you can join together with tunnels or stack them together.

Bristol, UK

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:00 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Spider and Maasai have had hours of fun with the boxes that toys have come in and completely ignored the actual toys before! Im hoping the combination of extra scratch posts, activity centres and new toys will grab their attention this time, my bank account will be very disappointed if not! To be honest the money factor would be the only thing stopping me getting them a wheel, because they could quite easily never give it a second look!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:45 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

This is the reason I haven't got a cat wheel, I don't want to spend hundreds of pounds to find they won't use it.

I find something as simple as a foam ball or screwed up tin foil thrown up and down the stairs seems to entertain mine, although Pearl only being 8 months old will play with most things, my hubby picked up a feather from outside and gave her, she loved it.

Bristol, UK

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:34 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

The cats new stuff was delivered about an hour ago, and they had great fun trying everything for a bit....now they are playing with the cardboard boxes and Spiders new favourite is a little yellow tube thing that cost 39p!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:51 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

My big cat will not set foot on the cat wheel because it moves. My little one runs on it every day and then looks to me for praise. Some times she gallops right up to the top she runs so hard. The big one could use the exercise, but at least one of them finds it fun.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:10 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Can I ask where you got your cat wheel from? Was it extortionately expensive?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:11 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Another thing that keeps mine amused are cat springs, they only cost a couple of pounds, they are different coloured plastic springs made especially for cats, plus drinking straws, they love them.

Bristol, UK

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:47 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I got my cat wheel from One Fast Cat Wheel when they had their Kickstarter campaign. I forget the price, maybe $250-300 USD? I had to wait a long time to get it and by then the kitties were much older. I think they both would have used it if they were kittens, but they were big by the time it arrived. It was difficult for me to assemble and some parts arrived broken so I had it half assembled while I waited for more parts. It's big and it's black. If I had it to do all over again, I would have spent a little more and gotten one of the pretty white ones featured on My Cat From Hell's last episode. They look like there is no difficult assembly and they are much nicer looking than the one I got.

Cat Springs are the best toy! I get a package or two every time I order cat food. All I have to say is "spring?" and they run over to me with eyes blazing. They don't like the small springs, just the big springs (they come in two sizes). Last weekend I moved my big sofa across the room and there were more cat springs than I could count! I put them in plastic bags and will dole them out every day. They can stay entertained for hours with one spring until they loose it under furniture. No other toy has held their interest like cat springs.

Oh and drinking straws…Blondie cannot control herself and will knock my drink over just to get the straw. She did that last night and water went everywhere. I yelled NO, Bad Girl! and she just sat right there and played in the water while I cleaned it up. Grace came in too to investigate. I know she can hear but NO means absolutely nothing to her. She just looks at me with those big eyes and adorable little face and I melt. Good thing I don't have children.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:53 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I have the large springs also, Pearl goes crazy for them, I say "where's springy" and she's looking for one.

I'm the same pull out some furniture and what I find is unbelievable sometimes, Pearl is the biggest theif going, she steals everything from tea spoons to tissues and memory sticks, mp3 players you name it.

Bristol, UK

Last edited by Clare&magic on Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:53 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I think I will be giving these cat springs a try for sure, and thanks for that Ill check out their website. Slowly realising its definitely gunna set me back a few hundred quid for this cat wheel, they are going to have to wait a while!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:56 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:02 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I keep my make up in a bag and the bag inside a cupboard or mine would probably be gone as well.

I have never had a bengal that steals as much as she does.

Magic used to steal a few things when he was a baby but doesn't anymore now he's older.

She is also a bugger for running up my net curtains, they were new before I had her in January now the living room one is full of holes, I'm hoping she will grow out of it.

Bristol, UK