It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:09 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:38 pm 
Bengal Kitten

I have a 17 week old bengal girl called Minx, shes the apple of my eye, she makes me laugh, she's very entertaining. Im thinking of getting another kitten but dont no if its a good idea to have 2 bengals and if so should i get another girl or do i get a little boy? Will they get along being the opposite sex or am i playing with fire? Of course they both will be desexed. Any advice will be appreciated :) ( still trying to work out how to use this forum so excuse my inexperience if i get it wrong, im not very tech savvy either. Thanks)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:09 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Welcome to our forum and congratulations on your new baby! If you are able to afford another bengal kitten, that is probably the best way to go. Bengals are high energy, as you know. At this young age, I don't know that it matters whether you get a male or female. Your kitten may never know the difference. Know that even a neutered male will mark and some spayed females will mark. It's a territorial thing. Male bengals are highly territorial. You hope your little girl will accept a new kitten. The sooner you get one, the more accepting she may be. There is a proper way to introduce them that takes a couple of weeks. We can deal with that if and when you get another kitten. Good luck.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:20 pm 
Bengal Cat

Welcome!

I believe that two is better than one. I have two male. And a lot of energy they discharge by game each other. I don't imagine how long would I have to play with him if he would be alone. We play with them about one hour and half each day. But maybe about another three hour they play each other.

And it is very cute when they clean each other or sleeping next to each other :)

And about sex. I heard that it doesn't matter.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:55 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I have only recently got another bengal ( a little girl) and my boy is 4 years old, I have had no problems at all introducing them.

It's the best thing I ever did and wished I had done it sooner.

They run around chasing each other and wash each other.

They seem to be really good company for one another.

Bristol, UK

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:30 pm 
Bengal Kitten

I think im hearing that 2 is better than 1, its good to know, i need to make up my mind pretty quickly by the sound of it. My little one is getting my cheeky and more confidant by the day, thanks for the advice.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:45 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Just know having two means double everything, including cost to feed and vet bills.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:32 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

We have two Bengal girls - just love watching them play together! Get a second if you can!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:07 am 
Bengal Kitten

We are on the search for a second bengal, i get so much joy from minx, i think twice the joy is not a bad thing, so thanks to everyone giving good advice. I cant wait fot the new addition and im sure ill need more help, no doubt lol.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:53 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I'm sure Minx will love the playmate.