It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:15 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:02 am 
Bengal Kitten

Our zeus had his final round of kitten shots about 2 weeks ago now. This round included the rabies vaccine. The vet did mention this breed tends to get a lump/bump after this vaccine for a little while, My zeus does have it, it doesn't seem to hurt him or anything but just wondering how long this should hang around for? When can i expect it to dissipate? :confused:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:02 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

A swelling can develop after the vaccine. It should go down within a couple of weeks. If it does not or it gets larger, contact your vet. There is a lot of controversy over rabies vaccines and injection site sarcomas (cancer). Not to worry you -- but you need to keep an eye on the lump. If you have any concerns, call your vet! Most cats have absolutely no side effects from the vaccine!

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 10:56 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Hi Queenie,

My male bengal Max got one of these lumps a few years ago after vaccinations. We took him back and had the vet look at it, and they advised it should dissolve on it's own. It took a few months, but it did go away on it's own and never came back again after other yearly vaccines.

Good Luck!