It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:28 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:43 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Bengals are quite social cats. They love to be around their humans. They say if you are to be gone for most of the day, a bengal cat is not for you. But, you have them. My Raiden insists on play time -- it's not always convenient for me -- and I don't always have the energy for it, but I make it happen for his sake. We take two daily walks. I hate being outside in the freezing weather, but we go -- snow or shine -- even in the rain. I make sacrifices for him because I made the commitment to take care of him for the rest of his life. I got him when he was 6. He turned 9 last Friday. If I had it to do all over again, I would not in a million years ever have a bengal! They are a challenge to say the least! I want a cat that will find a corner and sleep for 20 hours a day and never bother me except for some lap time. Raiden is not a lap cat. He also has a 12'x12' enclosure on our deck that he can access 24/7. It still doesn't seem to be enough for him. I love the little boogar to death, but he challenges me daily.

In your situation, you've had to separate the cats and they are living apart when you should be one big happy family! Jackson Galaxy has spirit essences which are holistic remedies that can help in situations. Some people like them; others do not, but I would definitely love to see your kitties co-habitate peacefully. Indiya has a companion already -- Clive! He needs to just tone it down a little bit.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:32 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Once a cat is over 2 years of age, most are quite set in their ways. I think introducing a "companion" animal is not likely to go over well. Even if she tolerates the newcomer they are not likely to be friends. A puppy would be much harder to introduce to a 4 year old cat then a kitten.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:40 am 
Bengal Kitten

We introduced a puppy and a kitten to our 4 year old moggie. However he was already used to dogs. He accepted both fine and does interact with them ie doesn't just ignore them and live his life. However he is such a laid back cat so he sounds the opposite to yours. He actually had more trouble accepting our daughter than either of the animals lol! If they are living separately anyway would it make much difference introducing a kitten? Or is it just going to stress him out even further? Am sure your bengal is happy enough without company as they do love their humans.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:09 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Bengals are anything but laid back! LOL

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:19 pm 
Bengal Kitten

My bengal girl is actually really laid back, nothing bothers her at all. She loves to play but she is otherwise really laid back. :cool:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:31 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

You are very lucky! Mind is hyper when he is awake. Trying to get him to settle down and take a nap is like trying to put a toddler down for nap! I feel as if I'm caring for a 3-year old great grandson! And I'm just too old to deal with him. He's just such a sweetie pie when we wants to be and he sleeps through the night! I'm grateful.