[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Sliding glass door cover
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:16 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Sliding glass door cover
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:30 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Now that it is getting hot and humid again (already), I have started thinking about how I can keep the A/C inside and allow my cats access to the screened in patio when I am at home. I ordered one of these snap magnetic door covers.
https://www.coupaw.com/deals/228302/Ins ... ly03152016

I am thinking that I can over one side with clear plastic. Maybe attach it with a glue gun and keep the bottom unlatched so they can go in and out but the top part closed so it keeps the hot air out...

I wish someone would manufacture something that does this and looks nice.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:42 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Jill, I know you've been looking for something like this. I noticed in the video, the dog had a problem getting it to open. So, I wonder if your cats will be able to handle it. They have to get enough force to release the magnets to allow them to come in. It's not like having a cat door that they can open and get out into your screen porch. This doesn't seem to be so expensive that you can't give it a try and see how it works. That summer Florida heat is horrible and you can't keep the sliding glass door open. Let us know how it works for you.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:13 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

On the weekend I keep the patio door open for them so they can go in and out. Last summer I used a plastic shower curtain over the opening and strong magnets but it didn't look very nice and the magnets fell to the floor pretty easily. I think the magnets are attached to this screen so it will snap to the sides of the door and stay in place. I can remove the one at the bottom so the cats can push through. They would break through the shower curtain on my previous make-schiff door to get through to the other side. I think if I glue plastic to one side of the screen it will help keep the heat and humidity out. I only need to leave the door open about 10 inches so I could use only half of this "screen door."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:15 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

I am really hoping this serves the purpose. You let your nice cold air out into your porch. Raiden goes in and out of his enclosure dozens of times a day, so that little cat flap is going back and forth and back and forth!