It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:17 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:52 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Help my little 9 month old bengals been standing weird, ever since she had her first season she's been standing with a humped back but dipped hind quarters is this normal?!? She seems okay but it just looks weird she's not walking funny she's not changed in any way other than standing in this bizarre way she looks like a camel!!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:05 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

By "first season," I guess you mean her first heat. I'm guessing the humped back and dipped hind quarters is not actually related to the heat cycle. This can signify a spinal injury of some type. I suggest you take her to the vet and have her checked out. They will probably take an x-ray to make sure the spine is okay. You didn't say if she was in any type of pain. Many cats will walk this way at times -- but if this appears to be permanent, something is probably wrong.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:13 pm 
Bengal Kitten

She hasn't shown any signs of pain but then I know how good cats are at hiding that anyway, she's running around and playing as normal no change in her behaviour just standing and sitting with a strange dip.. I'll upload a photo I took earlier of her sitting funny, she's not shying away from me touching her back or legs so it's difficult to tell if she was in any pain at all she only occasionally walks with her back humped / dipped but it's just odd behaviour I've never seen her do before and neither of our other two have ever done anything like this

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:18 pm 
Bengal Kitten

This is how she's been sitting :sad:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:33 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Well, that hump is not exactly normal. Cats have been known to get used to any defects in their spine. As long as she is not in any pain. However, she should have already been seen by a vet -- and they should have some answers for you. She is beautiful, by the way.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:38 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Hello update for you all, mia's doing fine we had her spade and since then she's stopped doing it.. Even the vets were perplexed still no idea why she was doing it

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:03 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

That is really strange, but happy she's back to normal.