[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Time to get Pearl neutered
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:45 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:28 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I think the time has come to get Pearl neutered, she is now almost 5 months, the last few days she has started calling loudly in the night and lots of noise in the day, she is showing off alot especially in front of Magic, he is taking alot of interest in her(lady garden) if you know what I mean, she puts her bottom up in the air when he goes near her.
Will ring the vets tomorrow and get her booked in, I am a bit worried about after the operation as she likes to jump up everywhere.

Bristol, UK

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:37 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Definitely sounds like a warning that she's about to go into heat! Actually, I think the cat decides how well she's feeling and what she is able to do jump-wise. I know the vet says to keep them calm for several days, especially a female, but if she's gonna jump, she's gonna jump. Hopefully, she won't feel that good for a few days and she can rest and heal. I see Magic is a typical male! LOL

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:15 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:04 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

She is in full heat now, the noise is dreadful, I am trying to tire her out before bedtime hoping she will sleep, I have ordered one of those soft cones so it's less uncomfortable for her.
Luckily one of the vets owns a bengal and fully understands what they are like.
She has her pre op Tuesday and booked in for spay on Friday, can't wait, I may have gone mad by then.

This is a new experience for me as I've only had males before, I had a female years ago but she was neutered before she went in to heat.

Bristol, UK

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:59 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Are you serious? You still have another 9 days to wait for the surgery? Listening to the howling? That would be nothing new for me as Raiden howls all the time. Again, I'm surprised Pearl was not fixed before you brought her home. It is SO much simpler to not have to deal with this and all the recovery time. Whatever you do, make sure she does not escape! Thankfully, my vet is great about scheduling surgery within days, not weeks.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:07 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

It's not 9 days it's 2, it's Wednesday today and she's having it done Friday.

Breeders in the UK do not neuter before rehoming.

I gave her some rescue remedy last night and it calmed her right down, But magic has been nasty to her since we came back from the vets on Tuesday it must be the smell, I've rubbed her down with mine and his scent, he calming down abit now.

Bristol, UK

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:35 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Actually, quite a lot of breeders neuter before letting their cats go. My two Burmese were both neutered.

My two rescue kittens were not neutered though and I am getting them fixed on 4 March. Both boys are getting a bit frisky with each other so timed it just right I think. They will be 6 months by then.

I'm dreading it as I will be so worried about them. They are both affectionate and adorable but very sensitive little souls and I know they will find it stressful being out of their environment.

I'm dropping them off very early in the morning so I can hopefully collect them in the afternoon.

Good luck hope it all goes well for you.

RIP my sweet baby Dexter, Snow Bengal 19/5/14 to 5/3/15 and my lovely dear old friend Muskey, Brown Burmese put to rest aged 15 on 14/11/15.

Debbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:47 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Thanks I'm dreading mine too which is now tomorrow morning at 8am I drop her off, it's the recovery I'm worried about.

When Magic was done it was no hassle in and out and there's not alot to show for it and not much in the way of recovery, he was racing around as soon as he got home, where as Pearl will have to be more careful.

I'm hoping when her hormones are back to normal Magic will be better with her, he has been quite aggressive to her which he wasn't before she came into heat, I'm not sure if it's because she's on heat, plus of course we will get a decent nights sleep.

Bristol, UK

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:08 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I figured when you mentioned the pre-op on Tuesday, I was thinking this next Tuesday. I also wondered last night about spaying when the area down there is gorged with blood. I think they need to be particular careful -- but I'm sure a vet knows that. At least tomorrow is Friday!!!!! Are they keeping her for a couple of days at the vet or letting her come home immediately? I know you will be happy to have it over with.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:33 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

She will come home early evening, then I will have to keep my wits about me.
Hopefully with the cone on she won't try jumping around.
The vet didn't seem worried that she was in heat, the only thing she was surprised as she's a little younger than normal.
I shall miss her tomorrow.

Bristol, UK

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:03 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Took Pearl to vets at 8am this morning, just had the call to say her spay is done and she's fully awake, that's a relief, I pick her up at 15.45 this afternoon, glad that is done.
Hopefully her hormones will settle down now and Magic won't be so aggressive to her.

Bristol, UK

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:25 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I know you're happy this is over with! I think it will take a few days for things to calm down, even with Magic. I hope you got a good night's sleep because you may not get one tonight! LOL

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:39 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

She is so wild, I think the anesthetic made her more lively, can't stop her running and jumping, Magic is grumpier than ever, I think you are right not much sleep tonight.

Bristol, UK

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:11 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I'm glad it's all over for you and everything went well.

RIP my sweet baby Dexter, Snow Bengal 19/5/14 to 5/3/15 and my lovely dear old friend Muskey, Brown Burmese put to rest aged 15 on 14/11/15.

Debbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:01 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Poor Pearl! Poor Magic! Poor everyone in the household. Just know that every day should get better. I think Magic is grumpy because of the smell of Pearl. They seem to take home the smell of the clinic which has a million different smells.