[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - HENDRIX IS MISSING - PLEASE HELP
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:34 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:36 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:28 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I know ... but I was just late to the game. Have had pets all my childhood and adult life. None were microchipped until my big lug of a snuggly Bear turned up at my house. He was obviously not chipped because I had him chipped. My experience with a bengal is less than 3 years old, even though Raiden will be 9 next month. I have learned SO much during that time, so I am much better prepared to deal with reuniting lost pets with their owners. I'm a member of many Lost Pet Facebook pages, too. It continues to amaze me how far people will go to find their beloved animals -- and, sadly, how many end up deceased on the side of the road -- dogs and cats. So sad. I do my best to keep Raiden safe with his walks and his enclosure. The b/w neighbor's cat is another story. He comes and goes as he pleases but does hang around here when the weather is bad or cold. He loves his box bed that is protected from the elements and has a heated bed plugged in. Today he's in the upper room of the heated cat house due to all the rain as it's a much larger space for him to sprawl out. I don't like the fact that he is outside -- but Raiden does not like him.

We just do what we can for our kitties. I do hope Hendrix is continuing to settle back in and both he and Jagger are safe and warm.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:13 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I must admit neither Magic or Pearl are microchipped, I've not bothered because they never go outside and I lost faith after losing Harvey who was microchipped and never found.

Bristol, UK

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:38 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

My two are microchipped. It was done by the rescue centre.

I want to get them a collar each but I'm so worried about the scare stories you hear of them getting caught in branches etc.

Can anyone recommend a safe collar. Would like quite a snazzy looking one though for my boys :mrgreen:

RIP my sweet baby Dexter, Snow Bengal 19/5/14 to 5/3/15 and my lovely dear old friend Muskey, Brown Burmese put to rest aged 15 on 14/11/15.

Debbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:28 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hi Debbie

We've always used the quick release collars by Ancol. They lose them frequently so they definitely do release quickly if they get caught. We are currently looking to change to the elasticated ones with a buckle. However, we now have Pod Trackers attached to the collars following our recent experience with Hendrix. They only weigh 29g and Jagger didn't blink an eye. Hendrix on the other hand, had a little strop for 15 minutes when he first wore it. And yesterday he discovered how to get his collar off by getting his bottom jaw under the collar and then pulling so it releases. Luckily he pulled it off in the house as I was not impressed when I first saw him without it as it was raining and cold outside. But I checked where the tracker said it was and found it in the house. And later he did it again in front of me which is how I know the way he is pulling it off. Little toad.

So now we don't know what to do about the lovely leather elasticated ones we have and were about to fit the Pods to. We're worried that Hendrix will injure himself trying to get it off as it won't release but may stretch...

Its a no win situation! Fortunately I have a supply of the Ancol ones if we have to continue with those - although of course we will be able to find the collars now with their Pods attached. But as we always take their collars off when they are in for the night, they do need changing now and again even if they're not lost as the catch becomes easier to release with time and use.

I always order mine from Amazon as a lot of the places working with Amazon will do the name tags as well and it is way cheaper than buying the collar from a pet shop and then getting the tags done there. I always keep a couple spare for each of them too.

I'm sure you will find something snazzy for your guys!! x

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:38 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Clare ..... Hendrix is a little boogar! He is going to give you a heart attack!!!! He obviously does not like wearing the pod and he is the one that needs it the most! Ugh!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:50 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

I know and apparently its my fault as I brought them up! I brought them up exactly the same, Hendrix just has a totally different personality to Jagger who is a very laid back boy in comparison to Hendrix! I think Jon has only just realised this though...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:22 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Siblings have different personalities -- kitties do as well. I'm happy to have just ONE bengal, although the outdoor b/w kitty causes me a lot of worry. He comes and goes frequently during the day. Always settles down in his bed in the evening, but roams during the night. Every time I wake up during the night, I get up to see if he is around.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:10 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

What if you did a harness instead of a collar for him?

I had a Siamese who lost a break away collar and whatever happened must have traumatized him because if I tried to put another collar on him he went totally manic. I bought a small dog harness for him and he was ok wearing that.

Clyde, Bleu & Coal - Great Danes

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:02 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I have told Hendrix that if he doesn't buck his ideas up he will be wearing a harness. I still have the one when we first took them into the garden and he hated it!

He hasn't managed to remove the collar since I tightened it so we're going to give the new collars a try over the weekend so we're here if there are any issues with Hendrix trying to remove it. If we're at all unsure we'll stick to the break away collars.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:59 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

What great idea about that tracking pod didn't realise you could get that for cats. Will have a look on Amazon and see what they've got.

My two brothers are totally different personalities too. Oscar loves to play and is always up to mischief whereas Jasper is very laid back and lazy lol.

RIP my sweet baby Dexter, Snow Bengal 19/5/14 to 5/3/15 and my lovely dear old friend Muskey, Brown Burmese put to rest aged 15 on 14/11/15.

Debbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:16 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Oh dear. Harnesses without supervision can be extremely dangerous. They can get caught on things and there is no breakaway to free the animal. This puts them in a position of being attacked and not able to get away. Harnesses can even get caught inside homes. Sometimes Raiden runs from me before I can get his off and I worry until I can grab him and get it off him. Cat owners can do what they want, but I strongly suggest harnesses are for outside walks only and removed immediately! They will not be your safety net any other time.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:31 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I just came across this on indiegogo https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/poof ... --2#/story

Would be really good if it were to be successful and work and all that. 60 days for a battery is fantastic.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:59 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Technology just keeps getting better and better and things get smaller and smaller. This sounds like a great product, although investing in a start-up product can result in not actually getting anything in the end. You have to do some research. I love the idea of tracking--but I think it's better for dogs who may be higher up than the kitties who can get caught in the shrubs. I don't think dogs go under them the way cats do. Thanks for the find, Fenstar.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7