[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - help? I think my cat is a bangel.
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:29 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:25 pm 
Bengal Kitten

In December of 2014, just before Christmas, my friend posted a picture of a " kitten" who was homeless and living at the garden center at a Walmart near where I live, on her Facebook page. She could not give her a home due to already having a houseful. My kids and I went over to take a look at her. We ended up taking her home.
I immediately noticed her fur. It was a lot different in feel then other cats. Her voice, is different she chortles. And is plaintive. She will pee in the sink or somewhere else, and pooh in the tub or on the bare floor if the kitty litter is not kept pristine. She walks on a leash.
She is very playful. I took her to the vet right after we decided to keep her and he said she was 9-10 months old. She was in excellent health, which I and the vet found strange after having been living homeless. No ear mites, no fleas, excellent health. But she is not the normal Bangel size. She is only 5 1/5 lbs. On first glance she looks to be a tabby, but looking at her more closely you see that her stripes are spots. The markings are asymmetrical, not the same on both sides. I started trying to figure out what kind of cat she was. A few months after we got her she went into heat. She goes into heat about once a month for about a week to 10 days. While I was gone on a trip she got out ( someone was careless ). I live way out in the country. I was afraid coyotes would get her. But we kept seeing g her. I put food out for her and after a month we got her back. The amazing thing is that she was out that whole month, Tom cats everywhere, I have a horder neighbor who collects cats, and she didn't get pregnant. To which I was greatly relieved.
This plus many other things says to me she is not a regular domestic cat, she is something special.
I am on here to see if people familiar with Bangels think she might be a bangel.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:08 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

It's a Bengal not a Bangel lol think that's something you wear round your wrist :mrgreen:

To have any idea at all we'd need to see a photo.

I really hope you have had her spayed now.

RIP my sweet baby Dexter, Snow Bengal 19/5/14 to 5/3/15 and my lovely dear old friend Muskey, Brown Burmese put to rest aged 15 on 14/11/15.

Debbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:26 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Maybe she's a bagel? Mmm... toasted bagel. Seriously though, photo please. A picture really is a thousand words (and I think your word count is probably closer to a hundred right now, lol). So you get your choice of writing another 900 words, or maybe just posting the picture would be best :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:20 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Seriously, the FIRST thing you do is get her spayed! I'm surprised the vet didn't mention that when you took her. Without seeing a picture of her, we can't tell you what type of kitty you have. There are spotted tabbies that aren't bengals. The other thing is to keep your kitty indoors where she is safe. If your neighbor has a lot of cats, she could be attacked. Cats are not disposable property. If you truly love and care about this little gal, you will get her fixed and take excellent care of her.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:25 pm 
Bengal Kitten

I keep trying to put a photo up. It won't let me just as I did when I first ask my question.
My husband is an alcoholic and thew the cat out the door. She is kept indoors all the time. And between my dad dying less then a year ago and having to take care of mom who has demintia, I haven't had the money to get her fixed, but it is what I wanted to do from the start. Unfortunately there is no low cost spay and neuter places where I live now like there was where I used to live.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:03 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

You will want to upload the pictures to photobucket or flikr or another photo sharing site and then paste links to them here on the forum. It's the bandwidth they take up.

What you described (especially fur feel and peeing in the sink :lol: ) can be common Bengal traits but some other cats may have them as well. If you can post some good pictures of her from all sides and showing her tail and nose that will help.

Thank you for giving her a home.

Clyde, Bleu & Coal - Great Danes

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:34 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

It sounds like you have an awful lot going on in your life. I am sorry about your father and know that caregiving takes so much time and emotion, plus dealing with a husband with issues. That being said, there still is a female cat here who needs to be fixed. The fact that your husband "threw" your cat outside -- physically tossed her? -- signifies to me that this kitty needs a new home with a family who can have her fixed and care for her. Know that cats are quite sensitive and can feel the stress that is going on in your life. This may not be what you want to hear .... but I think you need to do what is best for your kitty. If you aren't prepared to spend the money to get her fixed so she is not having litter after litter of kittens that you also have to deal with -- then she needs to go to a home that can get her fixed. If you think you have problems now, try to find homes (and get medical attention) for a litter of kittens. We are coming up to mating season and if your kitty is outdoors, she will get pregnant.

You are in my thoughts --

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:57 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I just saw your post in the re-homing section of the forum! I don't know how many members actively log in daily and will see your post. You may have better luck through Facebook ads or even Craigslist. However, know that there are many bad people who take pets to use them as bait in dog fighting. They use cats as well. You need to be extremely careful. These awful people will send women with children to pick up the animals. I think it may be better if you find a friend who may be able to take the kitty. Or, as a last resort, take the kitty to a no-kill or low-kill shelter where she has a chance to find a home. She will be spayed before they release her to a home.

Good luck.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:36 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

There's also Bengal rescue centres as well.

For a cat with no issues apart from needing to be spayed she may well be snapped up. A Bengal rescue or another rescue will make sure she goes to the right home.

Please don't just let anyone have her. She deserves a happy life with people who understand the breed.

RIP my sweet baby Dexter, Snow Bengal 19/5/14 to 5/3/15 and my lovely dear old friend Muskey, Brown Burmese put to rest aged 15 on 14/11/15.

Debbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:41 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

There are bengal rescues all over the country. It might be best to turn the kitty into one of those.

http://texasbengalrescue.rescueme.org

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:46 am 
Bengal Kitten

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:40 pm 
Senior Bengal

I can not believe the negatives comments you are receiving... who cares if you didn't spell Bengal correctly and for someone to say you need to rehome your cat is quite offensive. If she isn't a outdoor cat and if your hubby only threw her outside in a alcoholic temper then I am sure that is something you and him can deal with by talking it through. Maybe she dirtied somewhere in the house that she shouldn't of but unless he hurt her, throwing her out is not a crime nor is it animal abuse. It is just a shame she went missing because of that. Though you do need to meet somewhere in the middle and discuss why he did it and why he shouldn't risk doing it again.

Unless you plan to allow her to go out then I don't see the issue of her not being spayed. You are not breeding from her so why are these people giving you negativity is beyond me.

Its possible that she may have Bengal ancestry or she may just be an ordinary tabby either way I am sure that you love her.

Without a picture it will be difficult to tell what her ancestry may be but either way am sure you will many happy years with her x

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:42 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:34 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

We can all agree to disagree on this forum! I just felt this home is not the proper environment for this kitty! I know the OP is concerned, but obviously has the potential for an abusive relationship. I think most of us on this forum are concerned #1 with the kitty! All cats that are not going to be used for breeding need to be spayed or neutered. It's much healthier on them and who wants to listen to a female in heat howling at the top of her lungs and unneutered males hanging around just hoping she gets out.

Whether the kitty is a bengal or not is irrelevant! We do our best on this forum to HELP people who ask for it. We offer our OPINION which is probably different from yours, but you are able to give yours as well. Then the OP can decide what to do.