[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Can anyone tell the difference between generations?
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:19 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:29 pm 
Bengal Kitten

I have a rescue Bengal going on 5 years now... wow. Time flies. I was wondering if anyone can tell what generation a Bengal is? I am just curious and have not been able to find any information out. I can attach pics for reference if need be? I am not sure if I have to know what his parents were to have it figured out :/ Any help is greatly appreciated!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:22 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Welcome to the forum. In order to find the F generation of your bengal, you need a complete pedigree going back to all the Asian Leopard cats in the pedigree. A bengal will have several hundred different cats and multiple ALCs in the pedigree. The F generation is determined on the shortest link to the ALC. I spent 3 months doing my bengal's pedigree through the bengal pedigree website. Unless ALL the cats are listed, you won't be able to find out for sure which F generation your bengal is. When I registered my bengal with TICA, I ordered a 5-generation pedigree, which was complete on his dad's side, but I had to put in five or six cats on his mom's side, including his mother, to get Raiden in the database. http://www.bengalpedigrees.com. You cannot determine the F generation from a photo, although most early generation bengals can appear more like the ALC, especially F1s.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:46 am 
Bengal Kitten

That is absolutely perfect! Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to my query :)