[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Luca= f1 bengal
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:11 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Luca= f1 bengal
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:05 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

He's gorgeous.

I love his eyes so big and wild looking.

RIP my sweet baby Dexter, Snow Bengal 19/5/14 to 5/3/15 and my lovely dear old friend Muskey, Brown Burmese put to rest aged 15 on 14/11/15.

Debbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:25 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Emily, he has really grown! He definitely has that ALC look and the dark stripes are just incredible! He is so cute! Thank you so much for sharing your videos and pictures. It's been an amazing journey so far.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:57 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Luca update:

What is new with Luca?
He behavioral issues that's what!!
Luca hits his I year mark at the end of the month and in the past week I have been noticing some changes in his behavior. I know a lot of EG cats tend to change around this age and. A lot of ppl say they do a 180 from lovable cat to stand offish recluse.
I hope that's not what is happening with him. There have also been some changes in his/our environment lately so he might be reacting to that.
Things that have changed: I took him with me over Christmas to my moms house where there were four cats including him bee kept the cats all in different rooms but that was definitely stressful on him. I thought it would be better if he travelled with me instead of me leaving him home with my boyfriend but I think it was too much for Luca this time around since the house was noisier with more ppl and animals this time.
So maybe he is bouncing back from that?

Also, my schedule has changed. I don't have to be up as early anymore. Last semester Luca would be ready to give me a "good morning" at my night table the moment I woke up each morning. I guess he got used to that particular time because now he is waking me up at the same time every morning as when I used to have to get up. If I try to ignore him? He noisily climbs the curtains and knocks everything down off the night table (including our lamp) on the way down. The curtains are right above my head too. If I kick him out and close the door? Howls loudly for hours until I get up.

So I think the main reason for his issues is the new sleeping arrangement subject that's when he is acting up.

Other behavior I've noticed is he is a lot more vocal. Normally I wouldn't see this as a bad thing since he has always been quite chatty. I know all his voices though and lately I'm hearing "displeased" yell a lot lately like he does when he is complaining about something. He does it at our other cat and also when he is my himself.
I've noticed the two cats aren't playing together as much lately so I'm wondering if Luca is voicing that he is bored and wants to play?

That said- what I have been doing is setting more time aside for him in the morning and at night. Since he isn't letting me sleep anyways I am just getting up at my old time and playing with him for a good 45 minutes. I play with him randomly throughout the day hear and there and then the last thing I do before I go to bed is play with him for a solid half hour and then bring out the laser pointer for another ten minutes or so to really expend that energy lol. I've only been doing this for a couple days so hopefully it will make a difference.

He is still getting lots of love and cuddles of course and doesn't seem reclusive at all-if anything the opposite of that. It's almost like he is stacked for attention even though ive been off work for the past two weeks and pretty much home all day with him.

Does anyone have anything that has worked to get their cat to stop climbing the curtains?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:54 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Cats like their routine and are upset if it changes in any way. Eventually they will readjust but it takes a while to forget. Over vacation I slept late, until 7 or 7:30. On the last day I looked at them and they were out cold, enjoying sleeping in with me. Now we are back to getting up in the dark so I can make it to work on time.

One of my kitties used to swing on the curtains until she got too heavy and ripped the sheer material (sob). Now I leave them open all the time and she just plays at the bottom of them.

My cats are silent until they want something. Then the whine with their mouth closed. When they get desperate they meow.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:31 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Jill is right -- cats do not like change. They like to get on a schedule and stick to it! Emily, I feel for you! Cats have their own internal clock and it's hard to change it! When I try to ignore Raiden's cries, he will now get on my make up table and start knocking things off. He looks at me while he's doing it, so he's being spiteful!

Taking Luca to your mom's for the holidays with other cats around -- definitely a stressful time for him. That was probably not the best idea. I would never bring Raidn to any other home that had other cats! It would not turn out well.

He is also an adult kitty now -- that brings changes in its own! Climbing curtains is what every single cat that I've ever had has done! My last two homes had NO curtains whatsoever! Blinds! He doesn't try to climb them.

You enjoyed Luca being such a good little boy for so long, but he has experienced a lot of changes in the past few weeks -- you may just need to give him some time to readjust.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:24 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Sherry,
When I dilly-dally taking too long to feed my kitties they act out too. Blondie goes on my makeup table and starts playing with the tubes and brushes knowing I don't want her up there. She has stolen brand new concealer and powder. I am still searching for it, that stuff is expensive! Blondie is the naughtier of the two but Grace gnaws on wood if I take too long. They immediately act out knocking things to the floor if they don't get what they want. All the while they have faces of angels, so innocent and sweet.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:33 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Thank you for all your wisdom guys! Luca definitely does not appreciate change.
An update on how things have been: we took the curtains down in the bedroom and replaced them with microfiber curtains instead and moved the bedroom around so that the bed was no longer against the window.
Luca has still tried to climb them but clearly does not like the new feel and it looks a lot more difficult for him to do so hopefully he will just move on to other things :wink:
As for how things have been between Luca and Avi, as I mentioned before I've noticed some changes between their dynamic. They still play but not as often and when they do, Avi gets way to rough with Luca. Avi sometimes pins Luca down with his body weight and scruffs him with his mouth. He doesn't even stop if Luca cries out. I have to separate them sometimes. Another concerning thing I have seen is that sometimes when Avi pins Luca down he drags Luca across the floor by the scruff. It is very weird. And when it happens, Luca looks like he doesn't know what to do and just lets it happen. It sad to watch :cry: Of course when I'm there and I see it I break it off right away but I'm worried about what goes on when I'm not around to save the day!!the other day Luca was lying down with me and I was scratching the back of his neck whilehe was napping(which he loves!!!) and noticed a small scab there. I'm assuming it's from Avi. I know it's not play either because when I separate them, I pick Luca up and pet him-and he lets me. Luca is an animal you just do not pick up unless you want scratches all over your chest lol. From day one he has never liked being handled no matter how much I've tried. He gets that from the ALC I think.
I'm taking Luca to the vet this Sunday because he needs to get his one year shots (his birthday is Friday) so I'm going to talk to the vet about the situation between the two kitties. I'm not sure if it is because Luca is older now that Avi is trying to reassert his alpha? Or maybe Luca is just too annoying for him and that's his way of saying "stop it".

On a side note: we got a water fountain!!! Luca was expectedly scared of it at first. Within the first few days of having it, he had figured out how to take apart the top that covers the filter, take the filter out and unplug the fountain. Lol geez.
He is fine with it now and even plays on it a bit.

I have updated the photobucket this morning and there are a few new you tube videos as well.
http://youtu.be/IDPO9_qA8uI

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:46 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Emily, Luca is just stunning! Getting so big! I get tired just reading of the antics between cats. I could never deal with more than one cat inside my house. I don't know how some of you do it! I think Avi is being dominant. Hopefully, no serious bites from it! These two should be getting along famously by now.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 7:35 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hello everyone,
Just thought I would post a few updates of Luca! see more daily updates on IG @lucaf1bengal

a couple youtube videos i uploaded today:
https://youtu.be/QPzfRM_BZgM

https://youtu.be/YVvp20YSiIQ

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 4:35 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Oh Emily ... Luca has grown and is stunningly handsome! WOW! Oh, and I love the "cat ate my homework" excuse. But you have video proof. Thanks so much for these.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7