[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Bengal Kitten sneeze attack?
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:16 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:01 am 
Bengal Cat

Our little three month old F1 Bengal kitten has been sneezing for the past hour. It came out of nowhere. There is no discharge. No other symptoms. She's eating, she's playing, she's purring, she is sleepy but it's her bedtime at this point. I can't see anything in her nose. I'm worried because I don't know why she's sneezing and am worried that maybe her sneezing a bunch will cause her not to breath while we are asleep? She did have very runny stools a few days ago so we took a sample to the vet and they said she had extra bacteria in her body which they believed was due to food portion change. They gave us probiotics and now her stool is solid again. Could that have anything to do with it? But then why would she only be starting sneezing now? Bah we are so paranoid and this little one seems to be giving us a scare every day!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:45 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

If your kitty has only been sneezing for an hour, I'm thinking the nose got into something, or she breathed something in through her nose that is aggravating the nasal passage. You may not be able to see a tiny little speck of dust that is the culprit! If the sneezing continues for hours, then by all means, take her to the vet to have it checked out! Better to be safe than sorry. An upper respiratory infection usually has runny eyes and nasal drip as well as sneezing. It sounds like this is just sneezing over an irritant of some type.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:13 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I've noticed that one of my kittens has been sneezing on and off now and again. He is absolutely fine in every other way, eating, playing and growing like mad.

He had his 2nd set of vaccinations today and I queried it with the vet who said not to worry.

Easier said than done though isn't it!

RIP my sweet baby Dexter, Snow Bengal 19/5/14 to 5/3/15 and my lovely dear old friend Muskey, Brown Burmese put to rest aged 15 on 14/11/15.

Debbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:12 am 
Bengal Cat

Thanks Sherry and Eggman! And yes Eggman easier said than done... I stayed up all night while she slept on my face, because I was worried. We called the ER vet and they said not to worry if she's eating. She seems to not sneeze anymore at this point. We did see that she threw up a toy she ate.... A tennis ball... That we had no idea she could even eat. She ripped it to shreds and ate it. So I wonder if she had fuzz from it in her nose. She literally has is worried 24/7! We love her to death... But soon I will put her in a padded room! For her safety and my sanity! ;p

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:00 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Happy the sneezing stopped - but eating a tennis ball? That's one toy a cat should not have! Thankfully, it came back up and didn't try to go through the digestive system. Unfortunately, bengals are like children -- you have to watch them every second of the day. They can get into something the minute you turn your head away. It will drive you absolutely insane. Just as new mothers with infants worry about every little thing, it's the same with new kitten owners. There is nothing wrong with over worrying -- it's a lot better than being nonchalant about what's going on.