[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Hello!!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:16 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Hello!!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:26 am 
Bengal Kitten

A big hello from Mosi and Jackie. Mosi is an almost 2 years old rescue bengal. I've had him for almost 6 months. I drove over 100 miles to adopt him from a shelter.

My friend who does animal rescue in Seattle saw him on a humane society's Web page. I had told her to keep an eye out for a special needs cat, one that would have a problem being homed due to special cercumstances. I have been without a cat for a few years since my beloved kitty unexpectantly died. And was ready to take on a new love.

I read his discription,

"This handsome boy is... (I changed his name) He was surrendered to us by his previous owners and is now looking for a new home. He was very scared upon arrival and has been in foster care to help him settle in. Here is what his foster parent says about him: "We have petted Viserion while he's in his "den" and he purred and enjoyed the attention. He recently discovered the cat walk in the room and has been hanging out up high. It took us almost a week to get him to come chase a toy. He will come out to chase and play with a toy, but will run to hide if you say a word. I have held him and he just hid his head in my arm. At first he trembled, but I found that if I don't talk to him, he's okay. He likes it quiet. I think that he will come around in time on his own, but it's going to take time and patience." Viserion will need to be indoors only because he is DECLAWED. He will also need to be the only cat in the household, and we recommend that he goes to home without dogs. Because he is so shy, Viserion will also need to be in an adult only home. Ask to meet him today!"

I instantly called to set up an appointment to meet him. I talked to the staff and told them about myself and my situation and they thought I would be a great fit for him. They told me they do not due holds on animals but would place a hold on him since I was out of the area and would be a best fit. I also learned that previous meetings with other potential adoptees did not go so well. Mosi either showed agression or cowered and ignored them, I was informed my meeting may go the same way. I was also told that Mosi was surrendered with 5 other cats the women who had them kept them in kennels as "Pretty desplay" items and she surrendered them because they became aggressive towards her.

Knowing this I drove up that following Saturday deciding I would meet him and if he didn't show me agression I would take him home. My thoughts were he doesn't have to be my best friend or anything but I would give him a darn good life and provide him with whatever he needed.

When I arrived I was ushered to a back area where he was kept away from the people and other cats due to being so fearful. The boy who led me to him was scared to put his hand into Mosi's cage, I stepped up onto a stepping stool so I could reach him I let him smell my hand and he did something I didn't expect he started purring and rubbing on my hand. I looked at him and said "Well now cat, do you want to go home with me?" Though he did not answer right then, I knew he chose me.

With in a week he was snuggling with me within two he was talking up a storm. He does have his weird quorks but he is so so so enduring!

Post subject: Re: Hello!!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:45 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Welcome to the forum and bless you for rescuing your little baby! Cats are very instinctive! He seemed to know that you were a friend and not to be fearful of you! You showed confidence which others had not. Here's hoping for a long, wonderful life with Mosi.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:14 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Pictures please!!!! :lol: Mosi sounds gorgeous

UK
Oscar - Rescue (Rascal!!!) Bengal

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:53 am 
Bengal Kitten

I can't seem to figure out how to resize! Here's a link to my instagram, let me know if it works!

https://www.instagram.com/p/91jHM3RlyJZ ... Xq6BqviM0/

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:23 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Oh he is gorgeous! Huge eyes!

UK
Oscar - Rescue (Rascal!!!) Bengal

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:23 pm 
Bengal Kitten

He is probably the most gorgeous animal I've ever had the opportunity to befriend. He is an interesting guy too, he is also so smart and solves problems for himself. I am very taken with my pretty boy! Thank you!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:11 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

OMG. He is so handsome! Congratulations again. He is one lucky kitty and you are one lucky owner.