[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - NAILS
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:35 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: NAILS
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:54 am 
Senior Bengal

I CANNOT cut Sheena's nails. I am a pet groomer, mind you, and in my 21 years of grooming I have never come across an animal as difficult as my own cat. Does anyone have any tricks? It's impossible. It's like wrestling an alligator.

Post subject: Re: NAILS
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:07 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Grace is the same way. I have never been able to cut even one of her nails. I could trim Blondie's when she is sleepy, but it is still tough to get them all. I take them to my vet's office once a month and let the groomer take care of it. It saves a lot of aggravation and time.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:40 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I don't trim Raiden's nails. They are long and super sharp and I don't care! He never uses them on me! It has to be bad that you're a groomer and can't do your own cat's nails. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: Cats are great wrestlers. I think I've seen something that you put the cat in -- like a cocoon. Maybe that's to give them medication as you need a paw out to trim the nails. You might try some soft paws and see if that helps.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:39 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:00 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

It is just so not worth the aggravation to me. If I need to trim Raiden's nails, I'll take him to the vet and let them deal with it. By the time you've finished with the last nail, it's time to start over again.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:06 am 
Senior Bengal

Ok.....glad I'm not the only one!!!! She goes to the vet in Jan. I'll let the vet deal with it :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:08 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

LOL-- her nails will only get sharper in the meantime! :biggrin: :biggrin:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:21 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

A nail trim only last for 4 weeks before they are sharp and snagging on everything again. If you brought her in now, they would need to be done again in January.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:02 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

It took Raiden a couple of months to get his nails sharp after the vet trimmed them. They really scaled them back as far as they could.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:10 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I started clipping Magic's nails from a kitten, so now he just lies back on my lap and let's me do it, I clip them about once a month, if I don't they sometimes snag in the carpet and I'm worried he may get a nail stuck and panic

Bristol, UK

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:56 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

It's great that Magic is willing to let you trim them. I guess if you start early enough, they just get used to it. It's painless to them, so not sure why they won't just sit there and let you trim them. But most cats just aren't into people touching their paws like that.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:14 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I think people are a little nervous of clipping kittens nails as the are small, all I started doing was just taking the tiny sharp tip off them, as he used to climb up my legs it hurt when they were like needles, now it doesn't really bother him, I give him a little treat after for being a good boy.

Bristol, UK