[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Sprained ACL
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:32 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Sprained ACL
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:15 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

The fur around it will grow back but it looks like he's got a pretty good size band of scar tissue which usually doesn't grow hair.

Clyde, Bleu & Coal - Great Danes

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:41 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

That incision seemed massive, Donna! You are well into week three!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:05 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

:dance2: He's still limping around but I don't know how much of it is just habit and how much is actually pain. When I watch him walking around casually he seems to be doing pretty well, but if he gets excited he limps more and when he runs he's still partially holding his leg up. He's getting some of that Bengal spirit back though. He's wanting to play and has been engaging some of the other cats in little wrestling sessions.

I have to keep reminding myself that a lot of cats are just starting to use their leg again at 10 days so he's ahead of the "normal". My worst fear is that he never gets back to his normal, but the vet has assured me the surgery was very successful and he expects a full recovery.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:29 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Donna, I think you just have to wait the full six to eight weeks and see how he is at that point. Right now my heart is aching for a bengal who was hit by a car and fractured both hips! I can only imagine how painful that must be for her and how long the recovery might be. They didn't do surgery on her. They are hoping they heal on their own. So just know Diesel doesn't have it too bad now.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:59 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Oh no! That poor baby. I can only imagine how painful that must be. I sure hope she heals ok.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:50 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Sherry is there any update on the poor baby that was hit by a car?

Diesel is still limping, sometimes more dramatically than other times, but he is certainly feeling better. He's been drowning his toys in the water fountains and twice now he jumped onto the window ledge then onto the top of the crate so he could chew on the cord for the blinds. :rolleyes: I thought I had pulled it far enough away from the window then came home to find him up there again so clearly I didn't. I will say it's nice to see him being mischievous again :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:47 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Donna, I haven't noticed an update, but I get so many updates on the Facebook page for Bengals that maybe I haven't noticed!!! I just don't think the owners had the money for surgery and are hoping the fractured hips heal on their own. They at least did take the cat to the vet. I'll see if I can find something else out. I'm not always sure fractures will heal properly unless set by a vet.

Glad to hear Diesel is doing so much better and is back to his old self!!! He will only do what he feels comfortable in doing.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:00 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Just an update on the bengal with two fractured hips. The vet is monitoring the kitty as there were other injuries as well. The cat has to stay completely calm (yeah, like Diesel). So far she is doing pretty well. I don't know for certain that she can walk -- that is probably extremely painful and she may not be walking. I've asked the owner to keep us updated. The thing is, this could have been completely avoided. The cat accompanied her husband and son as they walked to the son's bus stop for school. The cat was not on a leash and went out into the road and was hit by a car.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:24 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Oh that just breaks my heart. Poor kitty.

Our friend (and vet tech) was over on Sunday and she said he looks great. Totally normal to still be limping but as long as he is toe touching it's good. She said 4 more weeks and he should be walking pretty well but it could be 8 more weeks before he's 100%. He was jumping up onto our bathtub yesterday, it's the first time since he was hurt he's done that, and he was running around our kitchen like a nutter playing with his favorite mouse toy that he likes to drown. He's definitely getting that Bengal spirit back!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:53 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Donna, happy to hear Diesel is doing so well and on schedule for a full recovery!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:41 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Donna -- how is Diesel doing these days?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:15 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

He's still limping, although we're definitely starting to see improvement. He still has days where the limp is more pronounced but for the most part his walk is starting to look more normal. He is definitely feeling TONS better. He's playful again and he's getting into mischief whenever he can. His fur is growing back on his chicken leg, and it's even growing over the scar pretty well. We'll always be able to feel where it is but once his fur is back I think he'll just have 1 stripe that is uneven.

We still have the crate up because he goes in it all the time to nap and play and the other cats have been going in it too :lol: we will be taking it down this week though so we can put the table back in time for Thanksgiving.

I'll try and get some new pictures of him this week.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:17 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

So glad he's getting back to his old self! Love the fact he's become so attached to his crate :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:36 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

We had 2 extra dogs over the weekend and he was very upset when I put them in "his" crate to sleep. As soon as they went home Sunday he went in there and gave it the full sniff down :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:57 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Donna, probably wasn't a good thing to have some extra canine company for Diesel! Glad he's doing better, but guess you're still weeks away from when the area is supposed to be healed completely.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next