[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Luca= f1 bengal
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:12 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Luca= f1 bengal
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:00 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Emily, thanks for the update. He certainly is growing and such a handsome boy, at that. The video with the black cat is something else. That's how Raiden reacts when Long Legs (cat from down the street) is in the yard. They have gone nose to nose several times but usually swat each other. I am just a little concerned with how you have him nestled in your sweater? And then he walks freely in the hallway while you're taking out the garbage? There is no way I could ever let Raiden do something like that. He'd have to be on a leash. You're extremely brave to let Luca roam like that. And you're lucky you got him away from your neighbor's apartment, but then, why do they leave their door open a little?

Not sure why Luca is such a scared little kitty! He should be gaining a lot of confidence at this point. He may not want to walk on a leash until he's older, but it seems strange that he doesn't seem to like all the noise. I am love watching him grow and see all his antics.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:51 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hi Sherry,
Yes we thought it was very strange too about that door being left open. At first I just thought maybe they were the floor below in the laundry room and were coming back up really quick so they decided to leave the door open. But they ended up being gone longer than that. After I had got Luca back instead and left for work about half an hour after, the door was opened still so I went and knocked to see if anyone would answer but no one did. I just closed the door and left for work. It's younger people that live their so we suspect maybe they came home the night before drinking and never closed it or something. I had my bf go over and make sure they were okay and the girl that answered didn't really seem to care that her door has been left open-probably all night.
But yes, absolutely mortified at what Luca did and he doesn't come in the hallway with me now unless the coast is clear haha. I can see how you'd be concerned about him coming out with me though. It's really a tiny hallway though and there's no where for him to go and the slightest sound from inside one of the other apartments has him bolting back inside.
And when I had him in my sweater it was like in a way that I was supporting his bottom with my arms and he had his paws up by my neck. I think he actually fell asleep the way!! I had him on his harness though the entire time so that he wouldn't be able to make any quick escape. I didn't want to leave him in his carrier because he was obviously shaking. One I had him against my chest like that he calmed down. I think there's a picture in my photo bucket of it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:09 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I meant to ask if you had him on a harness and leash while you were traveling. That's a must! One little slip and the munchkin is gone in a flash. I take it you had a small, soft carrier for him as well. I think the little guy is spoiled and has bonded with you more than super glue! That's a good thing. You've taken so many pictures and videos of him. He's got quite the personality and he is just growing more beautiful as time goes by. Keep the updates coming!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:03 pm 
Bengal Kitten

What a beautiful baby!!!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:48 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Thank you!
He is such a sweet little boy :)

Today I made an attempt at feeding him raw for the first time. i am planning on making his raw food myself when I receive my kitty bloom order but in the mean time I had bought a packet of pre made raw food "red dog, blue cat" is the brand I think. Luca was not very thrilled with it. I mixed some on with his regular wet food and that seemed a bit better but he still wasn't very enthusiastic about the change. I'm hoping he will enjoy the food I make.

Here is a link to a video I took of him trying the raw food today

http://youtu.be/NtXDSu4qIvY

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:14 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Oh my gosh, Emily. He's gotten SOOOO big!!!! From the video, I just see a cat who is getting a new type of food and isn't quite sure about it. Transitioning to raw takes some time and you will probably have to mix in some other food for a while -- just putting less and less in there. Luca is soooo handsome!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:01 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hi guys!
Sorry I haven't really posted in the photo bucket in a while. I decided to creat an intstagram instead so if you want to keep up to date with luca the user name is LUCAF1BENGAL :wink:
i've also put a couple videos on youtube

Best,
Emily

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:47 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

What the heck is Instagram and how does it work! I have no idea. Too many things between Facebook and Twitter alone -- I signed up for Instagram and followed a few people but I never check it and I don't like the way it even acts. Anyway .... will check out your videos. I'd been hoping for an update from you, Emily! Hope things are continuing to go well with Luca and he's behaving himself.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:14 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

He most certainly is not behaving himself lol. I got home today and he had managed to open my closest and take a wrapped gift from the top shelf and tore all the wrapping a ruined the gift. What was originally a nice (and expensive) shirt I planned to give to my brother for his birthday today is now a shirt with bite marks all over it that cannot be used as a gift or returned. :evil:

And okay, I guess I can update the photobucket! I've gotten a lot of good ones lately

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:22 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

29 updates pictures for you on photobucket
http://s358.photobucket.com/user/eberry ... t=3&page=1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:07 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Emily, Luca is getting big and soooo handsome!!!! Hey, he personalized the shirt for your brother. It should be "extra special" now!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:02 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

He is just adorable!

Clyde, Bleu & Coal - Great Danes

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:00 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Lol Sherry, he personalized it that's for sure! And yes bigger but still so tiny. It's amazing how small he is. He is about the size of a domestic such month old female cat I'd say. He is less than 7lbs but getting close which is amazing because with the amount of food he eats I'd expect him to be chubby lol.he is forever a kitten lol. He eats an entire 6oz can of wet food everyday(sometimes more if he is especially vocal that day haha) and then about 1/3 cup of dry food. He will be 1 yr in about two months!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:11 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Gosh how time flies, Emily! He's just a beautiful F1 and I'm so happy he's so socialized. I'd still give the shirt to your brother, with love from Luca! LOL

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:27 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

New videos!
http://youtu.be/_EHJL4X8Xcg
This is just a cute one of him lying down with me the other day while I took a study break. I love that he isn't too cool to hang out with his mom haha

https://youtu.be/3kESPb4-8Ug
I made another attempt at feeding him raw and it went much better. This time I added way more of his wellness wet food into the mix and added kitty bloom. He ate it all up!

http://youtu.be/k7CcctIAsTk
He doesn't bite down as hard as it looks like- he's had the finger nibbling habit since he was teething, it's never gone away. I notice a lot of other f1s have this same habit :)

New pictures on the photo buckets as well

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next