It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:07 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Diarrhea
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:35 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

About the pot belly I would take him to the vets and get this investigated.

It could be wind but they may do an x-ray to confirm this.

Let us know how it goes.

RIP my sweet baby Dexter, Snow Bengal 19/5/14 to 5/3/15 and my lovely dear old friend Muskey, Brown Burmese put to rest aged 15 on 14/11/15.

Debbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:50 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

The belly could very well be gas, especially if it goes down after he poops. You could try splitting his meals into smaller more frequent portions and see if that helps. He may just be eating a lot at one time for his body shape.

Clyde, Bleu & Coal - Great Danes

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:08 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

The extended belly may be due to gas as has been mentioned! Happy to hear the other medicate worked for him. How is he acting now? Normal?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:45 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Greetings!
I wanted to share our experience with our Bengal kitten and his journey from diarrhea to normal poop.
We brought Oboe home when he was 4 months old. He had been raised on a mostly raw diet with additional kibble. His tests for bad tummy bugs were negative. We continued with the raw diet for a short time, then decided it wasn't how we wanted to proceed. His poops were semi-normal at this time. We made a slow switch to Blue Wilderness wet & dry food, grain free. He still had semi-normal poops, but diarrhea more often than not. Following the advice of his breeder, we switched to Royal Canin, which made no difference. We tried one more brand of food with no differing results. I then discovered how complex the food was: multiple protein sources, veggies & fruits, but no grains. We decided to try a canned food that was 100% meat. This seemed to bring a change in his energy level and helped him poop more normally...for a short time. We decided to try raw again. I researched butchers in my city and found one that makes their own raw cat food, ready to go!
(80% meat, (turkey & chicken), 10% bone, 10% organs. $1.50/lb., locally sourced meat.) Oboe was pooping real poops after his first raw meal! We also give him a raw smelt each day and a raw egg a couple times a week with KittyBloom for a supplement. Needless to say, raw is the way to go for our guy. He's now nine months old and healthier than ever! I realize that we are very fortunate to have a butcher in our area that caters to the raw pet foodies. Not everyone has access to that.