It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:30 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: First time Bengal Owner
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:28 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Hi everyone!! I just adopted a Bengal yesterday!!!! She is an adult, not quite sure of her age, but has some nasty teeth that we will be taking care of. I was told she was 2, but my guess is she is more likely to be around 5 or 6. So far, she gets along great with my dogs, but is not a fan of my other cats. Her new name is Shivakamini Somakandarkram (Shiva for short lol). She really has not been shy or hiding and seems to have settled in quite well! I find i'm a little more allergic to her than my other cats, but nothing a little antihistamine can't fix!
I am new to this breed and any and all help will be appreciated!! She seems to love to eat my hair and scratch and play with my head. Any one else have a cat like that? I look forward to talking to all of you!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:16 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Yes, Oscar loves playing a chewing my hair. He liked to do it at 4.30 am so he now has his own bedroom as I can't have him playing hairdressers in the middle of the night!

UK
Oscar - Rescue (Rascal!!!) Bengal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:43 pm 
Senior Bengal

Congratulations on the new family member and welcome!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:21 pm 
Senior Bengal

Welcome to the board, and congrats on your new addition! Orion likes to play with and chew on my hair too...it's in a bun most of the time when I'm home because of this haha. :)

Post a pic of your babies if you get a chance! :)

Orion ~ Light Gold Black Rosetted Bengal, born 5/19/15
Apollo ~ Tuxedo Marbled Tabby, born 1/7/12

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:25 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your little girl! I love it when cat lovers adopt an adult cat instead of the cute little kittens. Sounds like she is settling in. It will take a while for everyone to completely get along -- time and patience. The cats go at their own pace.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:00 pm 
Bengal Cat

Hi everyone. I am new to the Bengal world. I got my little fella when he was only eight weeks old he was shy for the first two days and hid under the settee, and having sneaky peeks at his new world. I have always had a cat but these Bengals are abit more than the average cat. He soon settled in and now plays with my little yorkie dog and my big ginger Tom. His diet consists of cooked chicken, ham and fish, I tried him with pouches at first but they upset his tummy so he only as one small one a day then fresh food he as 3 meals a day then biscuits for bedtime. He has brought so much fun into the house with his antics he's like a little tornado jumping and wrecking the house as he goes merrily about. Then all is forgiven when he comes for cuddles and kisses. His name is Blaze he is now 16 weeks and weighs 2.7kg so he's putting weight on nicely, not fat all muscle. Must say wondered what we had got when he first started with his antics, but he has brought so much joy and love with him I just want another, follows me about and watches everything we do marvellous more like a dog. Wouldn't be without him.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:42 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Tornado is certainly one way to describe a bengal.