It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:19 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Kitten Heart Murmur
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:03 pm 
Senior Bengal

So took my two kitties to the vet for their injections today. We got told that Merlin our silver boy has a very slight heart murmur. We were told not to worry too much as it may just be something he has as a kitten and out grows it. Has anyone else been through this with their kitties? I really hope it isn't anything to worry about. We're back in the vets in 3 weeks for another jag & check up.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: Kitten Heart Murmur
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:28 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Ahyup. My little 15 week female, Suri, was diagnosed with a heart murmur this week as well. Its low grade, and the vet advised she cannot determine how it may progress. It may correct itself as Suri grows, or it could worsen. We will continue to monitor it during visits. If it shows signs of worsening, then an EKG will need to be done to see what the true issue is.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:43 pm 
Senior Bengal

Hopefully both kitties out grow it, really wasn't expecting any bad news. Let me know how you get on with Suri.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:41 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Awww they are both so beautiful.

I've heard that heart murmurs are quite common in Bengals so hope it's nothing to worry too much about.

RIP my sweet baby Dexter, Snow Bengal 19/5/14 to 5/3/15 and my lovely dear old friend Muskey, Brown Burmese put to rest aged 15 on 14/11/15.

Debbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:24 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

My Raiden is 8 years old and has had a Grade 2 heart murmur all his life. They are quite common in bengals due to the limited gene pool in the very early generations. Hopefully the grade will not change or may actually disappear. Raiden acts like a perfectly healthy bengal and the heart murmur doesn't slow him down at all. The vet monitors it every time we go there and your vets will as well. Your bengals can run, jump, play ...... in fact I usually don't even think about the heart murmur.